No matter which team you root for Go Vandy!), you will find lots of tailgate + football party inspiration from this University of Kentucky blue + white tailgate party styled by my friend Deanna Talwalker of Mirabelle Creations. Tomorrow starts the college football season and pre-game tailgaters will be out in full force. Help add a little style to those tailgate tables with these cute ideas…
All of the food was based on the blue and white color scheme (I am a University of Kentucky alum). However, they could all be modified to incoporate any team.
- The Coconut Cake was purchased at the local grocery. It was topped with the cake pennants to give it a tailgating theme.
- The Chocolate Cupcakes were also store bought, then topped with the football cupcake toppers. I love that the paper goods can turn an inexpensive, store bought treat into a custom, tailgating themed dessert without much effort.
- The Blue Velvet Push Up Pops are a fun way to incorporate the blue and white color scheme. Push-Up Pops are fantastic for tailgating because they are so easily portable.
- The Blueberry Mason Jar Pies are another portable dessert. In the crust, I cut a UK with alphabet cookie cutters. It’s a fun surprise for guests when they open the jars!
- The Oreo Pops were dipped in white chocolate, tinted blue.
- Finally, the Blue Candied Popcorn was made with a syrup, that incorporates Jell-O.
- Decorations for this party were simple, so they would not be difficult to transport and set up at the football field. First, the blue and white “Game On” banner (downloadable for free) hangs from the back of the car, but would also work well on a table or hanging on a tailgating tent.
- The blue and white checkered pattern was reapeated on all the paper goods. Little details, like dressing up the paper bags for the popcorn and adding a band of the blue and white checks around the push up pops, made all of the treats cohesive.
- For the water bottles, I removed the label, then replaced it with UK packing tape.
- Little straws and football pennants dressed up the IZZE bottles.
- UK items, such as my husband’s UK baseball alum blanket, a UK helmet, and UK cornhole board add team spirit to the set up.