I have some FUN NEWS! I’m thrilled + excited to announce that I am working with Gibbs Smith on my first book (they’ve published Tara Geurard’s amazing wedding books and Kimberly Whitman’s entertaining books!). I will tell you more about the book topics + details later, but in honor of the exciting news, I’m sharing some BOOK CLUB PARTY Inspiration! Love reading and books? You’ll love these cute party ideas…
Images by Erica Ann Photography via Somewhere Splendid
From the hanging vintage book pages to the colorful patterns and stacked books with ribbon, this is the ultimate book club dinner party! Move over circle of boring chairs and say hello to pops of peonies, hanging striped ribbon, and gorgeous styling! Flowers by Geranium Lake Flowers were inspired by The Help with lots of COLOR + fun!
HOW TO MAKE:
- Pink mason’s line (braided mason’s line in Pink, $7.47 per roll, by Marshalltown; homedepot.com)
- Fishing line
- Silk flowers (silk ranunculus stems, from $5 each;silkflowers.com)
- Colored papers (matte text paper, in Pink, Pink Feather, Peony, Peace, and Soho Gray, $8 for 50 sheets;paperpresentation.com)
- Star craft punch
- Craft glue
- Ribbon (see Flying Banners)
- Double-sided tape
- Miniature Books
- Mini clothespins (Can o’ Clips mini clothespins, $5.29 for 24, by Cavallini; save-on-crafts.com)
2. Gently pull silk flowers apart; string petal rings onto lines.
3. Make stars from colored paper and old book pages, using star punch. Glue pairs back to back with the lines in between. Add ribbon, folded over and taped.
4. Attach Miniature Books using tiny clothespins.
For a big WOW factor, have a book cake made with your friends’ favorite reads! We love this one by Macy Cakes!
Have your own book club party ideas or recipes?! Share below, we’d love to read them!