This post is a collaboration with Beef. It’s What’s for Dinner. on behalf of the Beef
Checkoff. I received compensation, but all opinions are my own.
These Mini Ground Beef Tacos are the perfect appetizer for parties, celebrations and football tailgates! Mini tacos are simple to make, always a crowd-pleaser and perfect for serving at home or on-the-go.
Tailgate season is the perfect time to throw a gathering or pack up your favorite tailgate foods for the stadium. I absolutely love to make miniature versions of my favorite football foods for the games. Like these mini cheeseburgers? They’re always a hit!
I’m back this year with a new bite-size favorite, Mini Ground Beef Tacos! Miniature tacos topped with all your favorite taco fillings and perfect for serving to a crowd. Kickoff never tasted so good!
What are your favorite tailgate foods? Beef reigns supreme at our house all the time, but especially during football season! Did you know, 86% of social eaters agree Beef is good for social gatherings? I can attest, it’s always the first to go at my parties! Beef is really versatile, delicious and perfect for entertaining.
So how do we make these mini tacos? It’s super easy! Let me show you how…
Making Mini Taco Shells
The first step of mini beef tacos is of course, the bite-size taco shells!
- Use a round cookie cutter (about 3 to 4 inches) to cut small rounds from the larger
tortillas. You can use flour or corn tortillas, your choice!
- Spray the mini tortillas with nonstick cooking spray and warm in the microwave for 10
seconds to make them flexible.
- Flip a muffin pan upside down and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Place the small
tortilla rounds between the muffin pan sections so they form a taco shape.
- Bake at 375 degrees F. (5 to 8 minutes) or until lightly golden. ALL DONE! So easy, right?
I do recommend making the taco shells the same day as you plan to serve your mini beef tacos as they’ll be crispy and fresh, but you can store them in an airtight container if necessary.
Mini Beef Taco Toppings
A delicious Ground Beef filling is king when it comes to your mini tacos, and you’ll find my recipe below, but here is a list of taco toppings to get you started after you’ve made your filling.
- Shredded Lettuce
- Shredded Cheese
- Pico de Gallo
- Sour Cream
- Diced Avocado/Guacamole
- Diced Cilantro
If you are throwing a party at home and have the space, set up a few large charcuterie boards with all your taco toppings so guests can build their own mini tacos. Mini taco bar? Yes, please!
If space is tight or if you’re traveling to a watch party or gathering at a friend’s house, then prep your tacos in advance and simply warm upon arrival! However you enjoy your mini tacos, they’ll be DELISH!
Truthfully, these mini Beef tacos aren’t just fabulous for tailgates. They’re fantastic for a quick weeknight meal for your family. My daughter absolutely loves helping me in the kitchen, and these tacos are the perfect size for little ones.
For even more Beef recipe inspiration and ideas, check out www.BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com! Their recipes are delicious, and they have tons of Beef cooking tips.
Mini Beef Tacos
GROUND BEEF TACO FILLING
- 1 lb. Ground Beef 80-90% lean
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ cup onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt and pepper (or to taste)
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup corn salsa
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- 3 avocados diced
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 bunch chopped cilantro
- lime wedges for garnish
- 10 large tortillas flour or corn
FOR THE MINI TACO SHELLS
- Use a round cookie cutter (about 3 to 4 inches) to cut small rounds from the larger tortillas. You should be able to get 2 to 3 small rounds out of one large tortilla. This will vary based on the size of your tortillas. Aim to have about 24-30 mini tacos.
- Spray the small tortillas with nonstick cooking spray and warm in the microwave for 10 seconds to make them flexible.
- Flip a muffin pan upside down and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Place the small tortilla rounds between the muffin pan sections so they form a taco shape.
- Bake at 375 degrees F. for about 5-8 minutes or until lightly golden. Allow to cool slightly in the pan so they hold their shape.
FOR THE GROUND BEEF TACO FILLING
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium high heat.
- Add the Ground Beef and onion to the pan and break apart with a spatula. Stir until Beef is browned (about 6-8 minutes).
- Add the chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, oregano, paprika, salt and pepper. Stir well. Keep Beef simmered until ready to fill mini taco shells.
TO ASSEMBLE MINI BEEF TACOS
- Fill each mini taco shell with a scoop of the Ground Beef taco filling.
- Add on taco toppings like shredded cheese, tomato, lettuce, avocado, corn salsa, etc. to personal preference. Enjoy!
I hope you’ll give these Mini Ground Beef Tacos a try! They’re definitely one of my favorite appetizer recipes. Enjoy!