Crispy bacon and creamy Southern pimento cheese baked down in a flaky phyllo crust? YES! These Bacon Pimento Cheese Bites are the perfect appetizer to make for any game days, barbecue, holiday parties or any occasion! Perfect for easy entertaining!
These bacon pimento cheese bites are one of my favorites to whip up for the Super Bowl, holiday parties or any special celebration when I need an easy finger food that will wow my crowd!
They’re made with simple phyllo cups filled with baked pimento cheese and topped with crispy bacon. I like to add diced green onion on top for a little extra garnish!
I’m born and raised in the South so you’ll find lots of pimento cheese recipes here so be sure not to miss my Pimento Cheese Dip, Pimento Cheese Ball, Pimento Cheese Sausage Balls, Pimento Cheese Deviled Eggs, and my Pimento Cheese Sandwiches.
Bacon Pimento Cheese Cup Ingredients
Find the full printable recipe card with measurements below.
PHYLLO CUPS: Look for these in your grocery store’s frozen aisle, they typically come in a box of 15. Grab 2 for this recipe!
PIMENTO CHEESE: Find my recipe below for the pimento cheese I use for these little bites, but you can find pimento cheese in almost any market, especially if you live in the South. If you need a suggestion, I love the Palmetto Cheese brand of pimento cheese.
BACON: Any bacon will do the trick, even store-bought bacon bits, but I usually try to make fresh bacon to crumble over these pimento cheese bites for the best flavor!
GREEN ONION: Totally optional, but I love a touch of green on any appetizer, it just makes it more presentable! You could use chives or rosemary too!
- Spicy Bacon Pimento Cheese Bites – Add 1-2 jalapeños (diced) into the pimento cheese or buy premade jalapeno pimento cheese for a spicy punch!
- Sweet & Savory Pimento Cheese Bites – Spoon on 1/2 teaspoon of pepper jelly on top of the pimento cheese on each phyllo cup. You could also change it up and try bacon jam, raspberry preserves, peach preserves, etc.
- Pecan Pimento Cheese Bites – Swap the bacon out for a pecan half! Or any other nut like walnuts, pistachios or almonds.
Tips for Making Bacon Pimento Cheese Bites
These little bites are the perfect finger food to serve, no utensils needed!
- Prep: Line a baking sheet with your phyllo cups (I pull mine straight from the box in the freezer).
- Assemble by loading them up with pimento cheese and crispy bacon crumbles.
- Bake & Serve: Bake these for 5-8 minutes in a preheated 350°F oven. You want the pimento cheese to be warm and baked down into all the crevices of your phyllo cup. Remove from the oven and serve warm (but they taste great room temperature too).
Bacon Pimento Cheese Bites
- 30 phyllo cups - 2 (1.9 oz) 15-count boxes Athens Food Mini Fillo Shells
- 1/2 cup crispy bacon crumbles - chopped into small pieces
- 8 ounces cream cheese - cut into cubes, softened to room temperature
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 cups shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 ounce jar pimento peppers, chopped - drained
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- salt - to taste
- 2 tbsp chopped green onion
Pimento Cheese Instructions
- In a mixing bowl or electric bowl with paddle attachment, thoroughly combine all ingredients for pimento cheese (above) until smooth and creamy.
Assembling Pimento Cheese Cups
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet or mini muffin tin with 30 phyllo cups. Phyllo cups can be baked directly from frozen or set out while preparing to assemble.
- Fill each phyllo cup with a spoonful of pimento cheese. Top with bacon crumbles on each phyllo cup.
- Bake for 5 to 8 minutes or until pimento cheese is warm and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and garnish with chopped green onion. Serve warm.