Summer is on the horizon and that means one thing around here: SUMMER PATIO PARTIES! Ok, let me rephrase. Patio is where I’m doing my summer parties but backyards, beaches, poolsides, parks, you name it! It’s time to heat up the grill and enjoy a summer celebration. We all need a few go-to party food recipes in our collection for those last-minute gatherings. I keep Alexia Sweet Potato Fries in my oven on a regular basis for easy recipes like this one. BBQ Sweet Potato Nachos. My husband is now requesting them on an almost-daily basis. They’re that good. More importantly, they’re easy!
The best part? You don’t have to turn on the oven because that’s the last thing we all want to do when the summer months are here. You can make these bad boys right on the grill – from frozen! YEP! We have the step-by-step pictures below. (1) Make a tin-foil tray by topping a piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil with another piece that has been crumpled. Then fold the bottom layer on all edges to form a tray! Spray with nonstick cooking spray. (Easy peasy!
HOW TO MAKE FRIES ON THE GRILL
1. Preheat gas grill to medium (400 to 450°F).
2. Create foil grilling tray using two sheets of heavy duty aluminum foil (see pictures above).
3. Arrange food in a single layer on foil grilling tray. Place tray on grill. Close Lid.
4. Cook to desired color and texture turning one or twice during cooking time. (Potatoes/Fries = 20-25 minutes and Onion Rings = 15-20 minutes)
Note: Food must be cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F. Every grill is different; adjust time and temperature as needed.
Grilled BBQ Sweet Potato Nachos
- 1 bag Alexia Sweet Potato Waffle Fries
- 1/2 cup jalapeno slices
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Grill sweet potato waffle fries according to instructions included in post.
- While hot, divide into 2-3 portions (or make one large nachos)
- Top with jalapeno slices, drizzled sour cream, barbecue sauce, chopped chives, and feta cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!
This post has been sponsored by Alexia Foods as part of the Alexia Tastemaker Program, but all opinions expressed are my own. You can find info + coupons here!