As we approach the holiday entertaining season, every hostess must have a fabulous appetizer recipe ready to go. This is mine. It’s absolutely delicious, and my husband asks for it on a regular basis. It is SO.GOOD.
Alexia Foods asked me to be one of their Tastemaker/Brand Ambassadors, exciting (they have a loyalty ambassador program you can join here)! I love sweet potato. Really love it. Fries, Pie, Baked, … crostini! Alexia make the most delicious sweet potato products. AND, this was news to me, sweet potato ROLLS. Yes, I know! Yum. Thus… crostini… here’s how the magic happens…
- 1 package Alexia Sweet Potato Rolls
- 1 large onion
- 1/4 cup fig preserves
- 1/4 pound prosciutto (roughly 6 slices), sliced thin
- 3 cups baby arugula
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake sweet potato rolls from frozen for 3-4 minutes or until thawed. Use a bread knife to cut each roll into 3 slices (across top). Discard edges. This should make 24 crostini. Return to oven for 8-10 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Heat pan to medium with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Dice onion and toss in pan. Stir until caramelized and soft. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Spread each crostini with fig preserves. Top with caramelized onions.
- Lay small, thin slice of prosciutto on top of onions.
- Return to oven for 2-3 minutes to warm ingredients (optional).
- Toss arugula with remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Top crostini with arugula and serve!