Homemade Candy Corn Recipe
Ready for a fabulous homemade candy corn recipe?! Make it with the kids this Halloween, and it is sure to become a family tradition! This is my recipe from Candy Making For Kids and it’s oh so simple. You can even color the candy corn in shades of pink, purple, blue, rainbow, you name it! You could even dust with a little edible glitter for some sparkle too! Everything should have a little sparkle.
Create a double batch and package it up for neighbors, friends, or favors at a Halloween party. They’re just so darn cute!
Homemade Candy Corn Recipe
A tasty and easy way to make your favorite Halloween candy at home, candy corn never tasted so good!
SERVINGS 50 -60 candy corn
- 1 10-ounce bag miniature marshmallows
- 1-1/2 pounds powdered sugar - confectioner’s sugar
- 1/4 cup shortening - not butter flavored
- yellow + red food coloring
- Melt entire bag of marshmallows with 3 tablespoons of water in a microwavable bowl in 30-second intervals until completely smooth.
- Stir in 3 cups powdered sugar until dough begins to form.
- Rub hands over shortening and begin to knead the marshmallow fondant. Powder a flat surface with powdered sugar. Knead fondant on flat surface and continue to add remaining powdered sugar until smooth and not sticky.
- Divide into 3 balls (small, medium, large). Flatten large ball and add yellow food coloring. Roll and knead until the coloring spreads evenly across ball.
- Repeat with second ball (medium) and a combination of yellow and red food coloring to create orange.
- Roll balls into rectangular shapes and lay side by side. Press together the layers and roll if needed to desired thin-ness. Cut into triangles!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
If you love this recipe and want more easy ideas for the kids, grab a copy of my book Candy Making For Kids!
Pizzazzerie is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Programs and other affiliate services. This means that pizzazzerie.com receives a small commission by linking to Amazon.com and other sites at no cost to the readers.
Courtney’s Latest book
Get Your Copy!
In The Southern Entertainer’s Cookbook, Courtney Whitmore shares her party go-tos, over 75 delicious crowd-pleasing recipes. Featured as a must-have cookbook in Southern Living Magazine.
I remember watching you make this recipe at your book signing and my daughter couldn’t stop eating and helping you cut them out :) I think I will have to make these with her as she really wants candy corn but with her allergies, all the candy corn in the stores are a no-no as they are made in plants + shared equipment with nuts and gluten.
I remember that too, Brenda!! I’m so glad she can make these! :)
I was realllly excited for how delightfully easy this recipe sounded, and then I saw it was from Candy Making for Kids. of course it is! hahaha I’m going to make it anyway!!
Kids? Adults? Everyone loves candy corn!! :) xoxo
Great your site. When i view your article and view your site have good.
I like your site.I have feel good in your content the best.
Article have good on cyber world.
Thank for sharing article.
I read your article and then I got to thinking about it and I thank you for sharing your article made me gain knowledge, research, and I like it.