Time to get your craft on, y’all! Ok, so sometimes I love long step-by-step craft projects and feel really proud after I’ve finished. But sometimes I like a quick done-in-two-seconds style craft that turns out crazy cute and makes the perfect gift. If you don’t think you’re “crafty”, you can do this! Seriously, it’s embarrassing how easy it is. Without further ado, DIY personalized ornaments to add a little fun to your Christmas trees! I loved creating my daughter’s name on one and “yay” on the other! I also had fun with a 2014 ornament in silver and a monogrammed one too.
Here is the step-by-step photos of the ornament I made for my daughter’s first Christmas! I think these would make the cutest gifts, don’t you think?
- Clear ornaments: You can find these in glass or plastic in a variety of sizes at craft stores during the holiday season.
- Sticker letters: I was so impressed at the selection of sticker letters from various fonts to colors and metallics too! Hello gold!
- Glitter or confetti: If you want to fill the inside of your ornament with a little sparkle! Optional! You could even fill the ornaments with little candies too.
- Ribbon: Tie a festive ribbon on top!
HOW TO MAKE
1. Simply stick your letters on in the words or phrases you’d like! Try names, monograms, memorable dates, etc!
2. Use a funnel to fill with glitter or confetti!
3. Tie on a festive bow and hang on the tree or give as a sweet gift.
4. See, I told you it was easy :)
I think I’m in love with the gold and black and white stripe combo myself, which isn’t really surprising considering how much I love gold and stripes! Hope you love this little DIY personalized ornament idea!
P.S. If you love traditional monograms, check out these monogram ornaments I made several years ago with the Silhouette machine (and check back THIS Wednesday night for the code to a very fabulous Silhouette Black Friday sale)!