Putting a vintage twist on a little girl’s birthday party just adds so much sweetness! I love this Vintage Pink Pony Party with soft pinks and browns, gorgeous decor, and sweet treats (I want to jump through the computer screen and eat those candy apples). Karina of A Fresh Take Photography knew her daughter would love a pony party! She DIY’d many of the decorations by borrowing items from her house and props from her photography studio! That is one of my favorite tips for parties – look for items you ALREADY own to jazz up parties. Karina gives lots of details on this topic below…
- The vintage chenille table cloth is actually a blanket from her daughter’s room, along with the pink dresser used for the drink station.
- The antique french doors, trunks, saddle, lasso and all of the crates were snagged from Karina’s studio.
- Karina replicated the horse silhouette that she had seen at Pottery Barn. “It was a super easy project that cost a whopping $10.”
- She also created the “Lula” sign herself.
- Inexpensive burlap was used for the table runner on the farm table, the centerpieces were various sized mason jars filled with blooms from her yard.
“We had to most adorable pony named Spirit come to the party. It was supplied by the amazing Marlena Mann a local (Puyallup, WA) woman who teaches horse riding lessons. She took the time to teach the kids some horse facts and taught them how to be safe around the pony. Forget about all the cute details of the party, the pony stole the show! The kids lined up and waited ever so patiently for their turn to ride Spirit. It was the perfect addition to Lula’s Pony Party!” – Karina