Good things come in small packages! Serving food that is easy to eat while mixing and mingling is KEY to a successful party! Guests want to easily nibble and enjoy themselves without worrying about spilling, dropping, or tipping anything over. So serve up BITE SIZE desserts for sweet treats that are sure to please your crowd.
(1) BANANA SPLIT BITES
First up are BANANA SPLIT BITES from Bakers Royale! Finally the large, messy banana split has made its way into a mini shape for party trays around the globe! Whip these babies up for your next party or celebration. Little tip – you might want to make a few extra, they’re going to go FAST! RECIPE for Banana Split Bites
(2) CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER BON BONS
Are you a chocolate + peanut butter fanatic? These CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER BON-BONS will cure the craving!
4 oz (1/2 of 8 ounce package) Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
3/4 cup milk
1 package (3.9 oz) JELL-O Chocolate Instant Pudding
1 cup thawed whipped topping
24 mini vanilla wafers
1 tub Baker’s Milk Chocolate Dipping Chocolate (baking aisle)
2 Tbsp. peanut butter
1/2 cup peanuts, chopped
LINE 24 miniature muffin cups with liners. Beat cream cheese in large bowl with mixer until creamy. Gradually beat in milk. Add dry pudding mix; beat 2 min. Whisk in COOL WHIP.
SPOON into resealable plastic bag; cut small corner from bottom of bag. Pipe about 1 Tbsp. pudding mixture into each cup; stand wafer in cup. Freeze 2 hours or until firm.
PEEL liners off bonbons.
MELT dipping chocolate as directed on pkg.; stir in peanut butter until melted. Dip bottom halves of bonbons in chocolate, then in nuts. Let stand until chocolate is firm. Keep frozen.
(3) MINIATURE DOUGHNUTS
Doughnuts are a trendy party dessert. Serve up MINIATURE BAKED DOUGHNUTS for a sweet little treat. Decorate with a variety of colored icings + sprinkles to match your festivity. Top with a birthday candle to celebrate a birthday or wrap in small boxes for little favors.
RECIPE for MINI VANILLA DOUGHNUTS via Sprinkle Bakes
(4) MACADAMIA TRUFFLE CUPS
Fancy yet simple to make, whip up a batch of MACADAMIA TRUFFLE CUPS to serve with coffee at the end of the night or send guests home with a couple for a super sweet midnight snack!
4 oz sweet baking chocolate, cut into pieces
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons coffee-flavored liqueur or cold brewed coffee
1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
24 whole macadamia nuts
3 oz white chocolate baking bar, cut into pieces
1/3 cup cream cheese spread (from 8-oz container)
1/2 cup whipping cream
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– Heat oven to 350°F. In 1-quart saucepan, melt sweet chocolate and 1/4 cup butter over low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in brown sugar, flour, liqueur and egg; set aside.
– Unroll dough into 2 long rectangles; firmly press perforations to seal. Cut each rectangle in half lengthwise. Cut each half crosswise into 6 (2-inch) squares. Press or roll out each square to 2 3/4-inch square. Place 1 square in each of 24 ungreased mini muffin cups; firmly press in bottom and up side, leaving corners of dough extended over edge of each cup.
– Place 1 macadamia nut in each dough-lined cup. Spoon about 2 teaspoons filling mixture over nut in each cup.
– Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until filling is set and corners of dough are golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. Remove from pan; place on cooling racks. Cool completely, about 30 minutes. Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, about 1 hour.
– Meanwhile, in 1-quart saucepan, melt baking bar and cream cheese spread over low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, about 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
– In small bowl, beat whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on high speed just until soft peaks form. Add chilled baking bar mixture; beat on low speed just until well blended. Pipe or spoon topping over tops of chilled cups. Refrigerate until topping is set, about 30 minutes. Store truffle cups in refrigerator.
– Lightly dust the tops of the cups with unsweetened baking cocoa.
(5) MINIATURE APPLE PIES
MINIATURE PIES have taken over the once cupcake-ruled dessert world. From pecan to apple and everything in between, mini pies are about as all-American as they get. Perfect for a summer party or fall gathering, whip up some mini apple pies for your guests!
Yields 12 mini pies
2 cups flour
2/3 cup butter (chilled)
1 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons water
5 medium apples (peeled and chopped up into small pieces)
3/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
6 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons butter (chilled)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In food processor blend flour, salt and butter until it resembles small diced pieces. Add in water and blend until it looks like it’s sticking. Take out and combine it by hand until well blended. Roll out on lightly floured surface until about 1/4 inch thick. Cut 12, 4 inch circles with cup or bowl. Press each circle in the cavities of a muffin tin until all the way up each side. Mix by hand all filling ingredients and spoon into muffin bowls.Cut up butter into 12 little pieces and place one piece on each pie. Decorate them anyway you like with extra crust, or just leave plain. Bake at 425 degrees for 16-18 minutes. (Until crust is light brown and apples are bubbling). Let cool and pop out.