I love creating recipes and perfecting them until I think they are fabulous. This recipe, y’all? It’s quite possibly one of my favorite ones to date. They are addictive and consider this your warning. They taste like warm chocolate chip cookie dough baked inside little sweet pastry puffs. Pure delight! I am sharing how to serve these for a baby shower, but you can absolutely style these up for all sorts of celebrations. Package them up for a neighbor, too! That is, if you don’t eat them all coming out of the oven!
I love using Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry because it gives these a flaky, crispy edge with minimal effort so it’s an easy recipe that you can create in minutes. My kind of recipe! Here are a few step-by-step pictures to help you along the way. The full recipe (printable) is found at the bottom of the post!
Once your pastry puffs are removed from the oven, this is what they’ll look like! The pastry puffs around the cookie dough filling. Now, they’re just waiting on their baby pink glaze. I tinted mine pink but choose blue for a boy! Or choose a color of your preference!
- 1 package Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheets
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 sugar
- 1/2 light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/2 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 drops food coloring
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Use a small round cutter (2 1/2 inches or similar) to cut out rounds in the thawed Puff Pastry Sheets.
- Press each round into a greased mini-muffin tin and pierce bottom with a fork.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs until foamy.
- Add in flour and sugars and mix until well blended.
- Add butter and chocolate and beat on low until well blended.
- Scoop each mini muffin tin with batter.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown!
- Whisk together powdered sugar, butter, milk, and food coloring. Drizzle on glaze.
- Yields 24 pastry puffs
We also have a SPECIAL announcement! I’m super thrilled to announce that Cheri is our big grand prize winner for the trip to the Pepperidge Farm Innovation Center! All our finalists did a fabulous job!
Disclaimer:This post is sponsored by Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry. I’m part of the “Puff is the Spark” Panel. All opinions are 100% my own.