Happy Holidays, ya’ll! I’m excited to share a cute and easy holiday dessert recipe with you that is perfect for all those holiday gatherings! This is a perfect year-round treat too (add sprinkles for birthdays)! These truly are so easy! For all my savory lovers, try making these with pie crust or puff pastry then topping with herb cheese. Yum! Serve them up on a tray or cake stand as the perfect little “spoonful of sugar” to end the night! You could also dip the spoons in chocolate and top with golden sprinkles for New Year’s Eve. You get the idea – endless possibilities! That’s my kind of recipe!
For the spoon shape, I used this cookie cutter found here on Amazon. You only need one and it’s totally worth the $2.95! I also noticed this spoon, fork, & knife set that would be super cute too! You could also draw out your own on parchment paper and use a sharp knife to cut each one out!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 sticks salted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Cookie Recipe is from the fabulous Bake at 350 (and only slightly adapted). Visit her site, she's the cookie master, and I adore her!
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream (or milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- crushed candy cane for garnish
- Cream together sugar and butter in electric mixer. Add egg and extracts.
- In separate bowl, combine all-purpose flour and baking powder.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the bowl, combining until mixed (will be crumbly).
- Combine dough into a ball and roll out on flour. I find it easiest to roll out on parchment paper, cut out shapes, then peel away extra dough, leaving your cut-out shapes ready for baking right on the parchment paper.
- Roll up aluminum foil into a long thin shape and place handles over it to give spoons a real shape!
- Bake cookies at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Cream butter in electric mixer on medium for 1 minute. Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time until thoroughly mixed.
- Add peppermint frosting and heavy cream and beat again for 2-3 minutes or until thoroughly mixed.
- Top the cookie spoons with a dollop of frosting and a garnish of crushed candy cane!
Here is another close-up! You might want to make an extra batch, these cuties will go FAST! Enjoy!