Now that the weather is frosty and the holidays have arrived, it’s time for a cute and tasty treat… snowman cake push-up pops!
Coconut looks like fluffy snow in these easy dessert push-up pops that are a simply way to serve up dessert at your holiday party! Let the kids practice their arts ‘n crafts and help decorate the push-up pops for a fun party activity.
Get the instructions & details below!
How to Make Snowman Cake Push-Up Pops
1. Tap into your inner craftista and decorate the push-up pops with fun snowflake crafts. I wrapped a thin layer of snowflake ribbon around the base of the push-up pop.
Then, stickers were added and a jingle bell was hot glued to the top of the push-up pop. Repeat until all push-up pops are decorated and ready to be filled.
2. Once white cake recipe is cooled in jelly roll pan, use one push-up pop (flipped over) to cut out 2 circles of cake per each push-up pop (12 cake circles per 6 push-up pops). Place one cake circle in the bottom of each push-up pop.
3. Fill frosting in piping bag with 1M piping tip. Pipe a swirl of frosting on top of each bottom cake circle. Sprinkle a small amount of coconut on top.
Next, add the second cake circle to each push-up pop and gently press down. Finish each push-up pop with a big swirl of frosting and sprinkle of coconut.
4. Enjoy your Push-Up Pops!
Cake Push-Up Pops
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter - softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups butter - room temperature
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a large jelly roll pan (rimmed half sheet pan)
- In a mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy (2 minutes). Add in eggs, one at a time until thoroughly combined.
- Combine flour with baking powder and combine slowly with wet ingredients.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cream butter until whipped and creamy. Add in powdered sugar 1 cup at a time.
- Add in heavy cream and sweetened coconut.
- Optional* Add 1 tablespoon coconut extract for extra coconut flavor!