So if you follow me on instagram or vine, you know I love my 2 year old English Springer Spaniel – HENRY! I work from home – by myself – so this little guy is my right hand man. Seriously obsessed. However, he can be a little naughty too (he has an affinity or socks and specifically scattering them across the house). This causes quite a lot of “OH HENRY!”. Well, fitting that it’s also one of the most delicious candy bars ever. Peanuts + Caramel + Chocolate? Yes, totally amazing. Like Henry!
Henry turned 2 when I was at Blissdom last month so we’re celebrating a little late. Last year, I made some “pupcakes” for him (he proceeded to totally swallow one whole). This year, I thought I’d make some human cupcakes in honor of the little rascal. So the Oh Henry Birthday Cupcakes were born! Toss the confetti (of the edible variety) because these guys are freaking fabulous. They are a chocolate peanut butter cupcake topped with a caramel buttercream garnished with chocolate sauce, peanuts, and sprinkles!
Now, you can absolutely make homemade chocolate peanut butter cupcakes! Go for it! But for this occasion, I jazzed up a cake mix because (a) I was crazy busy and (b) I happen to think the Duncan Hines cake mixes are great.
- 1 box chocolate cake mix (I like Duncan Hines Chocolate)
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 4-6 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup caramel topping
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- chocolate sauce
- Bake chocolate cupcakes according to package but add in 1 cup of peanut butter.
- In a bowl fit with electric mixer, beat together unsalted butter until whipped and creamy. Add in powdered sugar 1 cup at a time followed by caramel sauce until thick and desired frosting consistency achieved.
- Add in vanilla extract and pinch of salt and mix well.
- Pipe cupcakes with caramel buttercream.
- Top with chocolate sauce and chopped peanuts and sprinkles! Add in mini chocolate chips if you like!
Top right + Bottom Left Henry Photo: Mandy Whitley Photography