Apple cinnamon, y’all! I’ve always loved this fall-favorite flavor combo, but for some reason this year, it’s just at the top of my love list. A few years ago, my brother and sister-in-law and I stayed in a mountain cabin in Georgia near an apple orchard. They had a store on site full of apple-everything. Literally. Apple products for days. Apple butter, apple pie bars, apple fritters, it was insane. I haven’t found anything like it near Nashville so I decided to get in the kitchen and whip up these apple cinnamon butter bars to celebrate apple season! I hope you enjoy it with your family and friends this year. And as always, I think you should serve it up at a party! Perhaps an apple-themed party?! Fitting, right? ;)
Apple Cinnamon Butter Bars
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter divided
- 1 box pound cake mix
- 4 eggs room temperature
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese
- 3 3/4 cups powdered sugar or 1 16-ounce box
- 3/4 cup apple butter
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon apple pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt 1/2 cup of the butter and combine with pound cake mix and 2 eggs. Mix with an electric mixer on medium until ingredients are well blended.
- Stir in 1/4 cup apple butter, 1 tablespoon cinnamon, and 1 tablespoon apple pie spice.
- Spread onto a greased cookie sheet with short sides (or a 9x13 brownie pan for a slightly thicker bar). Set aside.
- Melt the remaining 1/4 cup butter. Soften the cream cheese in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Beat the cream cheese, remaining 2 eggs, powdered sugar, melted butter, 1 tablespoon cinnamon, and vanilla with an electric mixer until fluffy (3-5 minutes).
- Pour over cake mixture in pan, being sure to spread all the way to the edges.
- Drop remaining 1/2 cup apple butter on the batter and use a knife in a swirling motion to drag the apple butter throughout the batter.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Note: The top of these bars is quite "ooey gooey" (technical term) but they are done cooking at 45 minutes. Let them cool before cutting. You can also refrigerate them for easier cutting.
Package up these apple cinnamon butter bars with parchment and ribbon for a friend! They will definitely thank you! Bars are truly one of the easiest treats to make for a friend because you don’t have to fuss with transporting cupcakes that might tip over, etc. Cut, wrap and go! And these are so ooey gooey delicious that my husband is still asking for me to make them again, on a daily basis. They’re THAT good!