Did you know that this Saturday (January 24th) is National Peanut Butter Day? Truly, what better day exists than a day devoted to the fabulousness of peanut butter? I knew I had to come up with the perfect way to celebrate such a delicious day so behold, peanut butter chocolate pie! It’s an easy, no-bake recipe that’s a perfect year-round treat. Might I also suggest these peanut butter toffee cupcakes – heck, make them both and have a big ol’ peanut butter party!
If you like peanut butter cups, then you will definitely want to try this recipe because it tastes just like a peanut butter cup! It’s a delicious recipe to take to parties, family gatherings, or just to enjoy for your family at home. It’s decadent enough to replace birthday cake too, so just stick a candle in the middle for a birthday celebration! It’s perfect for your favorite peanut butter lover!
Enjoy this pie for National Peanut Butter Day and then make it again for “pi” day on March 14th! Or just enjoy it any time you have a craving for chocolate and peanut butter.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Pie
- 1 chocolate cookie pie crust ex: Oreo brand
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 /2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- mini peanut butter cups for garnish
- With electric mixer fit with paddle attachment, cream together cream cheese, peanut butter, vanilla extract, and milk for 3 minutes.
- Spread peanut butter filling into chocolate cookie pie crust and refrigerate for 1-2 hours to chill.
- In medium saucepan, combine butter, chocolate chips, and sweetened condensed milk. Stir at medium heat until smooth. Remove from heat and pour over peanut butter filling layer. Garnish with mini peanut butter cups.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Note: You could easily add different garnishes on top of the pie to mix it up! A few other ideas include chopped peanuts, drizzled peanut butter, drizzled white chocolate, sprinkles, or swirls of whipped topping! Pick your favorites and make it your own!
I hope you will add National Peanut Butter Day to the list to celebrate this year, and you can bet I’ll be enjoying the day with a slice of this chocolate peanut butter pie!
Article originally created + written for Homes.com!