Check out how to win a Silhouette Curio of your own on the Silhouette Instagram Account!
If you have an obsession with monograms too, then sit on down and join the club my friend! We meet here weekly, cocktails in hand ;) Truly though, I love gifting monogram items from serving trays to stationery. It’s the perfect gift to make the recipient feel so special! Plus, there are so many unique styles from traditional “vine” monograms to more modern diamond and round monograms. You can find lots of ways to create monograms online as well as in the Silhouette Design Store (that’s where I found the ones I used)!
So today I’m showing you how to make debossed monogram stationery using the Silhouette Curio! It cuts everything from vinyl and fabric to leather too. You have to see this amazing tutorial for DIY Ornate Faux Leather Earrings! I’m trying this out soon because they are so cute. Wouldn’t they be cute gifts too? So back to my DIY! You can emboss as well, but I loved the crisper look of debossing. It’s hard to photograph but it’s so magical looking in person! I keep running my hands over the monogram, I’m obsessed! I’m going to make mini gift tags as well as placecards for an upcoming party!
So here’s how to make it! First up are the items you’ll need:
- Silhouette Curio
- Scoring Blade/Tool
- Embossing Blade/Tool
- Silhouette Curio Base + Cutting Mat
- Score & Emboss Paper
- Monogram Design (I used the Monogram Script by Sophie Gallo in the Silhouette Design Store)
- To begin, set your mat size to the size of your paper! Pick out your design/monogram. Size it to exactly what you like!
- Select it all (arrow and click/drag).
- The blue swirl opens the emboss/deboss settings.
- Select whether you want to deboss or emboss. This is a personal preference but note that emboss requires you to place your paper face down!
- Be sure to put in the fine embossing tool and scoring tool.
- Now, send to Silhouette and watch the magic happen!
Isn’t that fun?! I’m super excited to make a set to gift to friends too. This is especially fun for newlyweds, don’t you think? Don’t forget to head over Silhouette Instagram Account to WIN your own Curio!