Pumpkin season, y’all! The best! So this year I wanted to make a pumpkin cake similar to a coffee cake. Behold…this amazing Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Cake! It is SO good! It’s moist, full of flavor, and super easy to make for neighbors, parties, weekend family breakfasts, you name it! I hope you’ll try it and add it to your recipe collection! And share it with all your pumpkin-loving friends. Now I’m off to enjoy a cup of coffee and a slice of this pumpkin cinnamon roll cake…yum! Grab the recipe below!
The glaze on top is the perfect sweet touch to this cake. The cinnamon roll swirl is just the right amount of “cinnamon roll” flavor (though you could always double that portion for you cinnamon fanatics). Oh, be sure to stock up on pumpkin now because I heard they’re having a pumpkin shortage again this year! Aah! I shall hoard it just so I can make this cake! Now, you can make it in any size pan you prefer but I used a 9×13 baking pan. Keep in mind if you put it in a smaller pan, it’ll be thicker and may need a bit longer to cook.
Amazing Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Cake!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups pumpkin puree 1 regular sized can of pumpkin
- 11/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter melted
Cinnamon Roll Topping:
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9x13 baking pan lightly with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, sugar, and baking powder.
- In an electric mixer, beat the pumpkin and milk until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla extract. Beat again until combined.
- Add in flour mixture until just combined.
- Pour in butter and stir until combined (do not overmix).
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Prep cinnamon topping by combining all topping ingredients and stirring until combined. Drop in spoonfuls on top of cake batter. Use a knife or spoon to swirl back and forth.
- Bake cake for 30 minutes (or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean).
- To make glaze, combine ingredients and stir with a whisk until combined. Pour or drizzle over cake while warm.