As you might have seen, I spent last week in gorgeous Hawaii with the Silhouette team! There is just something about sipping a beach cocktail with your feet in the sand and gazing at beautiful blue waters! I’ve been on a beach cocktail high ever since a certain book arrived at my house. I immediately called my Mom to tell her she had to see this book! It’s full of color photographs, over 100 recipes, and absolutely stunning to say the least. I asked Coastal Living if I could share a couple of recipes from the book with all of you, and they graciously said yes. So I picked two of my favorites – Blood Orange-Bourbon Coolers & Tropical Champagne Punch – to share with you here!
Beach Cocktails: Favorite Surfside Sips and Bar Snacks is one of those books that belongs in every beach house, but you can easily add it to your bar cart or bookshelf if you don’t have the luxury of a beach house (no worries, I don’t either). I love books that are great gifts so I like to keep a few in stock, and this is one of them! Along with perhaps…THIS BOOK.. in case you hadn’t heard me shouting it from the rooftops yet. ;)
First of all, that COLOR. These Blood Orange-Bourbon Coolers are just begging to be the signature cocktail at your next party! They’re a drink that both guys and girls would equally love so no need for making a fruity girl drink and a masculine drink too. Nope, this cocktail is a crowd-pleaser for all!
Blood Orange-Bourbon Cooler
- 1 cup 8 ounces fresh blood orange juice (about 4 oranges)
- 1/2 to 1 cup 4 to 8 ounces bourbon
- 2 cups 16 ounces refrigerated lemonade
- 2 tablespoons 1 ounce refrigerated pomegranate juice
- Angostura Bitters (optional
- Blood Orange Slices - garnish
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in an ice-filled pitcher. Pour into ice-filled rocks glasses. Top off each with a dash of bitters, if desired. Garnish, if desired.
And now for cocktail number two! Can you say, sip sip HOORAY?!
I love this Tropical Champagne Punch because it’s an easy go-to for every type of party (including a party with yourself on the couch watching TV, I got you). Wouldn’t this be a lovely beverage for a bridal shower or a just a casual summer gathering? It has that tropical touch, and any drink that allows for popping some bubbly gets an A+ from me. Isn’t it pretty?
Tropical Champagne Punch
- 2 cups 16 ounces pineapple-mango juice
- 2 cups 16 ounces fresh orange juice (about 8 oranges)
- 2 cups 16 ounces cranberry juice
- 2 cups 16 ounces guava nectar
- 1 cup 8 ounces apple juice
- 1 750-milliliter bottle champagne
- sliced star fruit - lime wedges (for garnish)
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in the sparkling wine. Serve over ice. Garnish, if desired.
While you might not be whisked away to the actual beach when you make one of these delish beach cocktails, it will certainly taste like it!
Excerpted from Beach Cocktails by the Editors of Coastal Living. Copyright © 2017 Oxmoor House. Reprinted with permission from Time Inc. Books, a division of Time Inc. New York, NY. All rights reserved.
Check out more cocktail recipes here!