This recipe post is sponsored by Cooked Perfect. All opinions are my own.
A few days ago, I asked my Instagram audience about their favorite quick, weeknight meals and received dozens of fabulous responses! I also had a few people asking for some recipes so I have the perfect one for you! Not only are these Fire Grilled Chicken Skewers & Mexican Rice perfect for a busy weeknight but they’re also delicious for dinner parties, viewing parties (hello football games), and all types of gatherings (the skewers make it easy to grab and mingle)! The tenders are a new little secret that I’m so excited to share with you today! Read on to find out…
One of my favorite suggestions for busy families is to keep a few go-to meal ideas in the freezer! While I love grilling in the warm weather, it’s not always feasible year-round so I grab Cooked Perfect Premium Fire Grilled Chicken Tenders. First, they taste amazing! Second, they’re grilled over an open fire to lock in natural juices and come fully cooked and ready to heat in the oven. You can pair it with your favorite side dish or make this easy Mexican rice that my family loves! It’s been gloomy and raining all week in Nashville, but this meal tasted like we cooked it over an open grill!
Fire Grilled Chicken Tenders & Mexican Rice
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- ¾ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose seasoning
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 bag of Cooked Perfect Fire Grilled Classic Style Tenders
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat and add in rice. Add in cumin and all-purpose seasoning and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in tomato sauce, garlic, chopped onion and chicken broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and allow to simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Heat Fire Grilled Tenders according to package.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for several minutes. Slide in wooden skewer. Serve chicken skewers over rice.
I must tell you; these tenders are fabulous! Even my two-year-old daughter gobbles these up and she’s a tough one! What I love is how juicy and flavorful they are. Whether you’re topping a salad or making fajitas, I can think of a million ways to use these so I know I’ll be keeping a bag or two in the freezer! Finding a delicious grilled chicken tender that can be pulled from frozen and ready in minutes is a life saver for a busy mom and a busy party hostess, am I right? Plus, I love that they’re not breaded .
For dinner parties, place Fire Grilled Tenders on a skewer for perfect party appetizers. You could skewer on veggies as well. Guests can grab it and go so serving is a breeze. I’m hosting a game night soon and these will be on the menu. Delish!
WHERE TO FIND THEM: The Cooked Perfect Premium Fire Grilled Chicken is available at Kroger, Stop & Shop, Giant and Wegmans stores. They will be expanded to other retailers throughout 2017. You can also find their store locator here.
Find a digital coupon here!