Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars Recipe & More!
My husband’s favorite dessert is pecan pie and mine is …well…anything chocolate! Many of you love my Homemade Brownies recipe, so I know you’ll love these Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars from Stephanie Brubaker’s book Brownies Blondies and Bars! Truly, they are incredible! Loaded full of pecans and chocolate, delish!
Stephanie’s book is one of those that is dog-eared from front to back because it has so many amazing recipes. I’m so excited that she’s letting me share this sample recipe! You can buy her book on Amazon here (it makes a great gift for baking lovers too).
Stephanie’s Blog Back For Seconds is one of my favorites. She posts the most amazing, decadent treats, you definitely will want to check it out!
A few of my other favorite recipes from the book include Toasted Coconut Lime Cheesecake Bars, Snickerdoodle Blondies, and Funfetti Cream Cheese Bars! This book is fantastic if you’re always signing up to take baked goods to bake sales, birthday parties, office parties, or just have a major baking hobby like I do! You have to try the Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars too! They’re SO GOOD!
Being from the South, we love our pecan pie so chocolate just takes it over the top. Ooey gooey and crunchy in all the right places. Plus, loads of chocolate flavor. Who doesn’t love that? I also think bar desserts are so great to make because you can cut them into whatever size you prefer.
These bars would be a perfect addition to a Derby party because they remind me of the pie we enjoy watching during the races! Mental note for this year’s horse races! Now on to the recipe….
Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars
- 1 cup 2 sticks unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 8-ounce bag pecan halves
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 9 x 13 baking pan with foil, leaving enough to hang over the edges. Spray lightly with cooking spray.
For the Crust:
- In a large bowl, using a pastry cutter or fork, cut butter into sugar and flour until crumbly. Press evenly into prepared pan and bake on the center rack for 12 minutes.
For the filling:
- In a mixing bowl, stir together condensed milk and cocoa until well combined. Set aside.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips and pecans over the cooked crust, and pour chocolate condensed milk evenly over the top. Bake 15-18 minutes. Immediately sprinkle with mini chocolate chips.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into 28 bars. Store in a tightly sealed container.
Pizzazzerie is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Programs and other affiliate services. This means that pizzazzerie.com receives a small commission by linking to Amazon.com and other sites at no cost to the readers.
Courtney’s Latest book
Get Your Copy!
In The Southern Entertainer’s Cookbook, Courtney Whitmore shares her party go-tos, over 75 delicious crowd-pleasing recipes. Featured as a must-have cookbook in Southern Living Magazine.
Wow these looks amazing. Can’t wait to try.
Not want, need. I NEED these in my life ASAP. Cannot WAIT to try these out!!!
Thank you, Karly!!