Tis the season for punch, y’all! Well, I truly enjoy punch any time of year, but especially at Christmas – and especially this Cranberry & Pomegranate Christmas Punch.
Cranberry & Pomegranate Christmas Punch
Christmas punch is the perfect holiday drink because it’s easy to mix together and makes such a beautiful display on your Christmas table. I know we’re all looking for a little extra Good Cheer this year, so check out a few other favorite holiday entertaining ideas from some of my favorite bloggers below…
This Cranberry & Pomegranate Christmas Punch is the perfect combination of tart and sweet. If you’re wondering what drink to make for Christmas Eve or Christmas day, this is the perfect holiday punch!
I’ve included recipe adjustments to make this Christmas punch in both nonalcoholic and alcoholic varieties.
Christmas punch is a blend of several juices along with either champagne (for the alcoholic Christmas punch) or an option of ginger ale, lemon-lime soda, or sparkling apple cider (for the nonalcoholic Christmas punch).
This whimsical flamingo punch bowl is a new addition this year, and we absolutely love it! Perfect for punch all year-round and you could even display it filled to the brim with fresh fruit at a brunch. We love how it pairs with our flamingo Christmas cocktail napkins!
Christmas Punch Ingredients
- Pomegranate Juice. I use the brand Pom Wonderful for pure pomegranate juice, but you can use any brand as long as it’s pure 100% pomegranate juice.
- Cranberry Juice. Make sure you buy a 100% juice variety of cranberry juice (it’s a blend of several juices) as opposed to cranberry juice cocktail. However, don’t buy pure cranberry juice or it will be too tart.
- Pineapple Juice. This adds the perfect touch of sweetness and flavor.
- Orange Juice. The citrus flavor really kicks this punch up a notch! I love floating orange slices in my punch too.
- Almond Extract. My secret ingredient in this Christmas punch, a teaspoon of almond extract adds that extra “something” that will make all your guests ask for the recipe!
- Champagne or Sparkling Wine. You’ll want to aim for a dryer/brut champagne, Prosecco or sparkling wine are all perfect. You don’t have to spend a lot, just be sure it’s not too sweet.
- Ginger-Ale, Sprite, Sparkling Cider. If you want to make a nonalcoholic Christmas punch, then swap out the sparkling wine for a lemon-lime soda (like Sprite), ginger ale or sparkling apple cider.
- Fresh Cranberries. These are so beautifully floating on top of Christmas Punch.
Tips for Perfect Christmas Punch
- Chill all your ingredients (minus the almond extract, it doesn’t have to be chilled) as ice cold punch tastes so much better. I don’t like to put ice in my punch bowl as it will melt and water down the taste. You can make an ice ring as an alternative.
- You can make this punch in advance, just leave out the sparkling addition (whether that’s sparkling wine or a nonalcoholic alternative) and add it right before serving for optimal fizz!
- Garnish! Punch is known for being a pretty drink, so don’t be afraid to garnish away with fresh orange slices, cranberries, pomegranate arils, pineapple wedges, etc.
- I added sprigs of sugared rosemary as a pretty garnish to my Christmas punch, but this is totally option. You could stick with just fresh cranberries and orange slices too. To make the sugared rosemary sprigs, however, roll fresh rosemary sprigs in egg whites and then roll in granulated sugar. Ta-da!
If you want a more traditional punch bowl, I love this option here. Or if you want to add a little flamingo fancy to your holidays, you can find our punch bowl here. Whatever you serve my Christmas punch in, you will LOVE it!
Cranberry Pomegranate Christmas Punch
- 3 cups pomegranate juice (pure pomegranate juice)
- 3 cups 100% cranberry juice (not cranberry juice cocktail, see notes)
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 bottle dry sparkling wine (750 ml)*see notes
- 2 oranges sliced
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- Chill all ingredients.
- Combine juices and almond extract in a large punch bowl or pitcher. Stir well.
- Add sparkling wine just before serving. If making a nonalcoholic variety of this Christmas Punch, swap out the sparkling wine for one of these alternatives: 3 cups of ginger ale, 3 cups of lemon-lime soda, or 3 cups of sparkling apple cider.
- Garnish with fresh cranberries and sliced oranges.
If you’re looking for the perfect Cranberry & Pomegranate Christmas Punch, look no further! It’s a delicious and fresh punch with a touch of sparkle that is perfect for all of your holiday parties! I hope it becomes a new tradition in your house.
In the spirit of Good Cheer, check out some more holiday entertaining ideas from some of my blogging besties…