Tis the season for punch, y’all! Well, I truly enjoy punch any time of year, but especially at Christmas – and especially this Cranberry & Pomegranate Christmas Punch.
Cranberry & Pomegranate Christmas Punch
Christmas punch is the perfect festive drink for Christmas parties because it’s easy to mix together and makes such a beautiful display on your Christmas table.
Having an easy Christmas punch recipe in your repertoire is a must! From Christmas dinner to Christmas morning, a delicious and festive holiday punch is such a welcome addition to the menu. The cranberry and pomegranate flavors are so delicious for the winter season.
What is Christmas punch?
Christmas punch is a blend of several juices along with either champagne (for the alcoholic Christmas punch) or an option of ginger ale, lemon-lime soda, or sparkling apple cider (for the nonalcoholic Christmas punch).
What you’ll love about this Christmas Punch:
Can I make this Christmas punch without alcohol?
I’ve included recipe adjustments to make this Christmas punch in both nonalcoholic and alcoholic varieties so the whole family can enjoy it this Christmas season!
This whimsical flamingo punch bowl is a new addition this year, and we absolutely love it for serving this party punch!
It’s a fun punch bowl to use all year-round and you could even display it filled to the brim with fresh fruit at a brunch. We love how it pairs with our flamingo Christmas cocktail napkins!
I remember being a kid at the holiday gatherings my parents would host. My Mom always had a delicious party punch on the end of the dining room table, and this one reminds me of the Christmas drinks she would serve!
Christmas Punch Ingredients
I know it seems like a long list, but they’re all simple ingredients and easily found at the store! They mix together for the perfect balance of flavors!
I use the brand Pom Wonderful for pure pomegranate juice, but you can use any brand as long as it’s pure 100% pomegranate juice.
Make sure you buy a 100% juice variety of cranberry juice (it’s a blend of several juices) as opposed to cranberry juice cocktail. However, don’t buy pure cranberry juice or it will be too tart.
This adds the perfect touch of sweetness and flavor.
The citrus flavor really kicks this punch up a notch! I love floating orange slices in my punch too.
My secret ingredient in this Christmas punch, a teaspoon of almond extract adds that extra “something” that will make all your guests ask for the recipe!
Champagne or Sparkling Wine
You’ll want to aim for a dryer/brut champagne, Prosecco or sparkling wine are all perfect. You don’t have to spend a lot, just be sure it’s not too sweet.
Ginger-Ale, Sprite, Sparkling Cider
If you want to make a nonalcoholic Christmas punch, then swap out the sparkling wine for a lemon-lime soda (like Sprite), ginger ale or sparkling apple cider.
Fresh Cranberries for Garnish
These are so beautifully floating on top of Christmas Punch.
For an extra fun garnish, add on sugared rosemary sprigs! I LOVE the pop of sparkle from the sugar.
Tips for Making Perfect Christmas Punch
- Chill all your ingredients (minus the almond extract, it doesn’t have to be chilled) as ice cold punch tastes so much better. I don’t like to put ice in my punch bowl as it will melt and water down the taste. You can make an ice ring as an alternative.
- Prep in advance, just leave out the sparkling addition (whether that’s sparkling wine or a nonalcoholic alternative) and add it right before serving for optimal fizz!
- Garnish! Punch is known for being a pretty drink, so don’t be afraid to garnish away with fresh orange slices, cranberries, pomegranate seeds, pineapple wedges, etc.
- Sugared Rosemary makes a pretty additional garnish to my Christmas punch, but this is totally option. You could stick with just fresh cranberries and orange slices too. To make the sugared rosemary sprigs, however, roll fresh rosemary sprigs in egg whites and then roll in granulated sugar. Ta-da!
If you’re looking for the perfect Christmas Punch recipe, look no further! It’s a delicious and easy holiday punch recipe with a touch of sparkle that is perfect for all of your holiday parties! I hope it becomes a new tradition in your house.
Cranberry Pomegranate Christmas Punch
- 3 cups pomegranate juice - (pure pomegranate juice)
- 3 cups 100% cranberry juice - (not cranberry juice cocktail, see notes)
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 bottle dry sparkling wine - (750 ml)*see notes
- 2 oranges - sliced
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- Chill all ingredients.
- Combine juices and almond extract in a large punch bowl or pitcher. Stir well.
- Add sparkling wine just before serving. If making a nonalcoholic variety of this Christmas Punch, swap out the sparkling wine for one of these alternatives: 3 cups of ginger ale, 3 cups of lemon-lime soda, or 3 cups of sparkling apple cider.
- Garnish with fresh cranberries and sliced oranges.
I hope you’ll try this festive holiday punch at your Christmas celebrations!
In the spirit of Good Cheer, check out some more holiday entertaining ideas from some of my blogging besties…
- Orange-Almond Mushroom Sugar Cookies from Inspired By Charm
- Modern Woodland Holiday Tablescape from The Proper Blog
- Santa’s Snuggler Cocktail from Freutcake
- Easy Christmas Cheesecake Hack from The Sweetest Occasion
And for even more holiday ideas you’ll love… check out…