Hooray, it’s time to celebrate! No matter the occasion (from New Year’s Eve to birthday parties), these easy sparkling champagne margaritas are sure to be a hit!
I previously made these champagne margaritas to celebrate the announcement of my last book (which is out by the way – The Southern Entertainer’s Cookbook), but I adore these margaritas for so many occasions!
Champagne Margaritas are easy to make, refreshing, and the perfect amount of sparkling bubbly for the occasion. A fresh lime margarita combined with champagne (or sparkling wine) is the perfect way to ring in the New Year!
Tips for Perfect Champagne Margaritas
Be sure to use fresh lime juice in this recipe! With only a few ingredients, the lime juice really stands out so don’t skip the fresh lime juice. It makes all the difference.
Should you rim the glass? Of course! Now whether you prefer salty or sweet is totally up to you. To rim the glass, all you have to do is rub a slice of lime around the rim of your glass (or champagne flute). Then flip the glass upside down in a shallow bowl or plate of sugar or salt. Do a little twist and ta-da!
Add your champagne (or sparkling wine) last as you want to see all those sparkling bubbles! You can make the margarita portion in advance and keep chilled, then serve when ready and finish with the champagne!
The next time you’re craving a margarita, you must try this champagne margarita! I rimmed my glasses in sugar, but you can certainly use salt. I just like a little extra sweetness. Life is short, make it sweet, ha!
- 1 1/2 ounces fresh lime juice
- 1 ounce tequila
- 1 ounce triple sec (orange-flavored liqueur)
- 3 ounces champagne (or sparkling wine)
- Optional: Rim glasses in sugar or salt. Do so by lining a shallow plate or bowl with lime juice. Fill another plate with salt or sugar. Flip glasses into lime juice and then into the salt (or sugar) and twist until edge is coated. Fill glasses with ice.
- Combine lime juice, tequila, and triple sec. Shake well and pour into ice-filled glass. Top with champagne. Add a lime to garnish!
Now if you like a sweeter margarita, feel free to add a bit of simple syrup or superfine sugar to your margarita. You can definitely sweeten it up to your liking. Add a lime garnish, and you’re ready to celebrate! Sip sip HOORAY!
For more champagne drinks, check out these other favorites!