You’ll love this easy and delicious citrus champagne punch! Fresh citrus juices are combined with champagne for the perfect party punch!
Champagne can certainly stand alone. However, if I can find a reason to make this champagne punch, I will! It’s so delicious and easy to make.
If you’re looking for the perfect champagne punch for a summer party, baby shower, bridal shower, bachelorette party (or anytime you want a signature cocktail), this recipe will be your new favorite.
You will LOVE it, especially if you love citrus drinks.
Ingredients in Champagne Punch
Everything you’ll need to make this delish drink!
Classic champagne punch is a simple combination of chilled champagne along with fresh fruit juices and sometimes, flavored liqueurs like Grand Marnier. My citrus twist on champagne punch includes:
- Fresh Ruby Red Grapefruit Juice
- Fresh Orange Juice
- Champagne (or Sparkling Wine)
- Simple Syrup
The Best Champagne for Champagne Punch
Not sure which bottle to buy? Here are tips:
I suggest a dry or Brut champagne (or sparkling wine) to avoid your punch being too sweet. You can always cut back on the simple syrup if you have a sweeter champagne variety.
I always like to give you tips on how to prep ahead! We all know the last few minutes before a party can be hectic. Getting dressed, placing food out, greeting early guests, all the things.
Check out some of my tips below…
Tips for Making Champagne Punch
- You don’t have to include the grenadine but I love the punch of ombre color it gives this citrus champagne punch! If you find yourself short of that ingredient, don’t let it stop you. Your punch will still taste amazing.
- A little reminder from above, if you prefer a drink that’s not too sweet, just use less simple syrup. Or if the grapefruit juice you buy has added sugar, then cut back on the simple syrup.
- Make it pretty by adding edible flowers, sprigs of herbs (thyme works well), or a cute straw!
I love to garnish my champagne punch. I love to float blooms of “Sweet Williams” (don’t worry, they’re safe).
If you can’t find organic edible petals or don’t want to float blooms, opt for sliced citrus fruits like grapefruit and orange. It will be gorgeous!
If serving from a pitcher, ice is an easy route for single serve glasses. If serving from a punch bowl, make an “ice ring” by freezing water in a bundt pan, dip pan in warm water to loosen ice ring for removal. Float it in your punch bowl.
Add sherbet to any punch by scooping it right into the punch bowl! I love raspberry and orange sherbets with this recipe.
You’ll want to enjoy it on the day it is made, preferably within a couple of hours.
To prepare in advance, you can combine the grapefruit juice, orange juice, and simple syrup up to two days ahead. Just keep refrigerated until ready to serve. The finishing touch on this punch comes as you serve it with champagne and a splash of grenadine.
More Easy Cocktail Recipes:
- Cranberry & Pomegranate Christmas Punch
- Sparkling Champagne Margaritas
- Frozen Rosé Grapefruit Cocktail
- Pink Flamingo Punch Cocktail
- 1 (750 ml) bottle champagne or sparkling wine chilled
- 4 ounces ruby red grapefruit juice
- 4 ounces orange juice
- 4 ounces simple syrup
- 1 ounce grenadine
- Pour chilled champagne into a punch bowl.
- Slowly pour in the grapefruit juice, orange juice, simple syrup and grenadine.
- Garnish with citrus slices or fresh flowers! Cheers!
- Be sure to pick a dry or Brut champagne (or sparkling wine) for this champagne punch.
- Chill your champagne and fresh fruit juices for super cold punch!
- Experiment with different flavors: sub out the grapefruit and orange juices for other fruit juices like cranberry or lime.
I hope you give this champagne punch a try!
For more party cocktails & entertaining recipes, check out my latest book, The Southern Entertainer’s Cookbook!