Pinnacle® Vodka is a paid sponsor of this post.
Happy fall, y’all! With summer on its way out, I wanted to find a way to extend the “summer cocktail fun” into the new season with a special signature fall cocktail. I knew it had to be a pumpkin-inspired drink (of course), but I wanted it to also be something that used typical pantry ingredients that we often have on hand. Introducing…. the Pumpkin White Russian! You are going to LOVE it, especially if you’re already a fan of traditional White Russians.
Pumpkin White Russian
A delicious autumn twist on the classic White Russian cocktail!
- 2 ounces Pinnacle® Original Vodka
- 1 ounce coffee liqueur
- 1 ounce heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon canned pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake and strain over ice. Garnish with pumpkin pie spice.
If you want a traditional white Russian look to your cocktail, you can pour the heavy cream on at the end.
This Pumpkin White Russian has the perfect amount of pumpkin flavor making it a fabulous choice for a signature cocktail this fall. If you’re hosting a fall party, this is going to be a winner!
I wanted to give you a few more tips for transitioning your cocktails into the fall season. I hope you’ll be inspired to master a variety of cocktails for various fall events from tailgates to festivals!
- Go Organic – For pumpkin-themed cocktails like the White Russian above, consider making fresh pumpkin puree instead of using canned. Carve your pumpkin and place seeds aside. Then place the pumpkin carvings with some lemon juice in a food processor to make homemade puree at-home – perfect for seasonal cocktails
- Picking the Perfect Pumpkin – Pumpkin picking can be tricky, as pumpkins and their uses vary depending on shape, size and color. Medium-sized pumpkins between four and eight pounds are best for cooking and using in cocktails as those have a higher sugar content and aren’t too stringy
- Spice Up The Season – While pumpkin spice is a fall favorite, spices such as ginger, cardamom, star anise, peppercorns and nutmeg add a touch of fall flavor to both sweet and savory cocktails. Each of these spices can easily be infused into a smooth spirit, such as Pinnacle® Original Vodka, to create one-of-a-kind fall-inspired cocktails
- Preparation is Key –Mixing up ingredients ahead of festivities in a slow cooker or pitcher can help save time when serving a crowd. When ready to serve, simply add Pinnacle® Original Vodka
- Season of Giving – Heading to a fall tailgate? A bottle of award-winning Pinnacle® Original Vodka* makes for a perfect gift on the go. Consider bringing a basket or cooler, filled with ingredients, to encourage friends to whip up their own seasonal recipes at the game
I have no doubt you will love this Pumpkin White Russian Recipe, and when you give it a try, be sure to share with me here on the blog or on social media (@pizzazzerie)!
*Pinnacle® Original Vodka, International Wine & Spirits Competition 2017
Thanks to Pinnacle® Original Vodka for partnering with me on this cocktail series.
Pinnacle® is a registered trademark of Jim Beam Brands Co. (“Beam”) and is used with permission. The information, comments, and ideas expressed on this website do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of Beam, it’s affiliated companies, or any of their directors or employees. Beam does not sponsor, authorize, or otherwise endorse this website.
Pinnacle® Imported Vodka, 40% Alc./Vol. Distilled from Grain, ©2017 Portfield Importers, Chicago, IL, USA
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.