Crafted with vodka, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, coffee liqueur, and a generous dose of autumnal charm, this Pumpkin White Russian Cocktail is the perfect way to elevate your evenings and celebrate the flavors of fall! It’s perfect for Halloween soirées and Thanksgiving gatherings!
Happy fall, y’all! With summer on its way out, I wanted to find a way to extend the “summer cocktail fun” into the new season with a special signature fall cocktail. I knew it had to be a pumpkin-inspired drink (of course), but I wanted it to also be something that used typical pantry ingredients that we often have on hand.
Pumpkin White Russian Cocktail
Introducing…. the Pumpkin White Russian! You are going to LOVE it, especially if you’re already a fan of traditional White Russians. While you’re at it, add my Cinnamon Maple White Russian to your must-try list! It’s dreamy!
What is a White Russian Cocktail?
A White Russian cocktail is a classic mixed drink that is typically made with vodka, coffee liqueur (such as Kahlúa), and cream. It’s known for a smooth and creamy texture and most often served over ice. White Russians began gaining popularity in the late 20th century. It was first created at the Hotel Metropole in Belgium in the 1940s.
Pumpkin White Russian Cocktail Ingredients
Vodka: Use any variety you like, I often reach for Pinnacle or Smirnoff.
Pumpkin Puree: I keep this well stocked all fall season! This adds the perfect pumpkin flavor in this cocktail. Make sure you buy pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling, read the can closely.
Pumpkin Pie Spice: Extra pumpkin pie flavor? YES! Don’t skip this step!
Coffee Liqueur: I recommend Kahlua!
Heavy Cream: You can use heavy whipping cream too. This is the most important part of any White Russian, it gives it that extra creamy flavor and the “white” in the name White Russian!
This Pumpkin White Russian has the perfect amount of pumpkin flavor making it a fabulous choice for a signature cocktail this fall. If you’re hosting a fall party, this is going to be a winner!
I wanted to give you a few more tips for transitioning your cocktails into the fall season. I hope you’ll be inspired to master a variety of cocktails for various fall events from tailgates to festivals!
- Go Organic – For pumpkin-themed cocktails like the White Russian above, consider making fresh pumpkin puree instead of using canned. Carve your pumpkin and place seeds aside. Then place the pumpkin carvings with some lemon juice in a food processor to make homemade puree at-home – perfect for seasonal cocktails
- Picking the Perfect Pumpkin – Pumpkin picking can be tricky, as pumpkins and their uses vary depending on shape, size and color. Medium-sized pumpkins between four and eight pounds are best for cooking and using in cocktails as those have a higher sugar content and aren’t too stringy
- Spice Up The Season – While pumpkin spice is a fall favorite, spices such as ginger, cardamom, star anise, peppercorns and nutmeg add a touch of fall flavor to both sweet and savory cocktails. Each of these spices can easily be infused into a smooth spirit to create one-of-a-kind fall-inspired cocktails
- Preparation is Key –Mixing up ingredients ahead of festivities in a slow cooker or pitcher can help save time when serving a crowd. When ready to serve, simply add vodka.
- Season of Giving – Heading to a fall tailgate? Consider bringing a basket or cooler, filled with ingredients, to encourage friends to whip up their own seasonal recipes at the game! Or do the work ahead of time and bring a batch of these Pumpkin White Russian Cocktails!
I have no doubt you will love this Pumpkin White Russian Recipe, and when you give it a try, be sure to share with me here on the blog or on social media (@pizzazzerie)!
More Fall Cocktails to Try:
- Apple Cider Punch
- Sparkling Apple Cider Sangria
- Spiced Cranberry Hot Toddy
- Cinnamon Maple White Russian
- Apple Cider Aperol Spritz
Pumpkin White Russian Cocktail
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce coffee liqueur - such as Kahlua
- 1 ounce heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon canned pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake and strain over ice. Garnish with pumpkin pie spice.