This post is a collaboration with Beef. It’s What’s for Dinner. on behalf of the Beef Checkoff. I received compensation, but all opinions are my own.
With fall in full swing, it’s time to bring some Halloween magic to your next dinner party! Elevate your spooky culinary experience with Taco Stuffed Jack-O-Lantern Peppers, a delightful dish that not only captures the spirit of the season but also boasts the savory goodness of beef. Let’s dive into this easy-to-follow recipe that is so simple to make and so delicious!
Stuffed peppers with Beef are a weeknight staple at our house, my family LOVE them, but I wanted to add a little spooky twist to them this year for a Halloween dinner party out in the garden, Charleston-style! I hope it inspires you to host your own Ghoul’s Night Soiree with these delicious Jack-O-Lantern taco stuffed peppers!
Jack-O-Lantern Taco Stuffed Peppers
If you love classic stuffed peppers, you must try this taco twist loaded with delicious Ground Beef, black beans, corn, salsa and more! It’s a fiesta of flavors that everyone will love!
Ingredients You’ll Need
Ground Beef: The star of the filling! Lean Ground Beef not only adds protein to these taco stuffed peppers but also makes them taste absolutely delicious!
Orange Bell Peppers: Try to select large peppers that sit up straight and have flat sides for easy carving.
Yellow Onion: sub in a red onion if you prefer
Taco Seasoning: Use your favorite variety of taco seasoning and grab a spicy version if you like some heat!
Rice: Any cooked rice will do, experiment with different flavors or go simple with white or brown rice. If you prefer, you can substitute in cauliflower rice.
Corn: Use fresh corn, frozen or canned.
Black Beans: Be sure to thoroughly drain and rinse your black beans so you get all the excess liquid out.
Salsa: Use your favorite salsa variety!
Cheddar Cheese: I like to shred my own for the best flavor.
Salt & Pepper: to taste
Carving a Jack-O-Lantern Face
Now it’s time for the fun part! Carving your Jack-O-Lantern face in your orange bell pepper. Simply cut off the top of the orange bell pepper and set aside (we’ll add that back on when done).
Use a sharp paring knife and carefully carve out eyes and a snaggle-tooth smile for your Jack-O-Lantern face. Get creative, add a nose if you like too!
Follow the full recipe at the end of the blog post for details on pre-baking your peppers and preparing your tasty taco stuffing. Then after shredded cheddar cheese is added on and they’re baked again, they’re ready to serve!
Charleston is known to be quite the haunted city, so a backyard garden dinner party under the trees was a must for a super spooky evening. Of course these taco stuffed Jack-O-Lantern peppers are on the menu!
Find more tips for hosting your own spooky dinner party below…
Tips for a Spooky Ghoul’s Night with Taco Stuffed Jack-O-Lantern Peppers
- Prep Ahead for a Stress-Free Evening:
- Carve the Jack-O-Lantern faces in the peppers and make the taco stuffing a day ahead. On the day of the party, all you need to do is pop them in the oven for the final bake. Less stress, more fun!
- Set the Mood with Spooky Decor:
- Enhance the eerie atmosphere with spooky decorations. Think spider webs, hanging witch hats, and strategically placed candles to create a haunted ambiance. Don’t forget a skeleton to greet your ghoul-friends!
- Serve Ghoulish Drinks:
- Pair these taco stuffed peppers with a fun and colorful Halloween-themed drink station. Try making “witches’ brew” punch or a creepy concoction to keep the party spirits high.
- Encourage Costumes:
- Make it a costume party! Encourage your guests to come dressed as witches or other spooky characters!
- Create a DIY Toppings Bar:
- Set up a DIY toppings bar with an array of options like jalapeños, sour cream, guacamole, salsa, and extra shredded cheese. Let your guests customize their stuffed peppers to their liking.
- Play Spooky Tunes:
- Compile a Halloween playlist with eerie tunes to set the spooky mood!
Whether you’re hosting a spooky backyard Halloween dinner party or craving a cozy family meal, grab some Beef and make Jack-O-Lantern Taco Stuffed Peppers!
More Beef Recipes To Try:
Taco Stuffed Jack-O-Lantern Peppers
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 4 large orange bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion - diced
- 1 clove garlic - minced
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup rice - cooked
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup black beans - drained and rinsed
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper - to taste
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Using a sharp knife, carefully slice off the top of each bell pepper, horizontally. Set aside. We will put it back on later! Carefully remove all the seeds and membranes of the pepper. Select the flatted side of the pepper to make carving easier. Use a small paring knife to carefully care out eyes, nose and mouth from each orange bell pepper. Set bell peppers in a baking dish with olive oil. If the bell pepper has trouble standing up on its own, slice a thin amount off of the bottom of the pepper to help flatten it.
- Spray a baking dish with nonstick baking spray and arrange the bell peppers in the pan. Cook for 15-20 minutes, peppers will still be firm. Remove and set aside to cool.
- In a large skillet pan, add olive oil, diced onion and minced garlic. Sauté for 3 to 4 minutes over medium heat. Add in Ground Beef and taco seasoning and cook, stirring often, until no pink remains. Stir in rice, corn, black beans and salsa.
- Stuff peppers with the filling (about 1 cup per pepper) and top with a sprinkle of shredded cheddar cheese. Return to the oven for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Remove from the oven and add the top of the bell pepper back on to resemble the top of the Jack-O-Lantern.