Beef Taco Wonton Cups
This post is a collaboration with Beef. It’s What’s for Dinner. on behalf of the Beef Checkoff. I received compensation, but all opinions are my own.
Looking for the perfect game day or tailgating appetizer for race day? Swap out tortillas for crispy wonton cups and layer in seasoned beef, cheese and all the taco toppings to make a bite-sized appetizer worthy of any tailgate!
Wonton cups are one of my favorite appetizer tricks. You bake them up crispy in a miniature muffin pan and fill them with your favorite fillings!
Tacos are a no-brainer because who doesn’t love tacos? Plus, Beef is always a crowd-pleaser, especially for football season! I love walking along the tailgating area before a football game, the smells of steak sizzling on the grill? Perfection!
A Tasty Race Track Appetizer
Not only are these beef taco cups great for football, they will also rev up your menu for NASCAR watch parties and race track tailgating! I definitely recommend adding these to your race day spread for the Beef. It’s What’s For Dinner. 300!
Just a few ingredients:
Find the full recipe at the end of the post!
When it comes to the ultimate tailgate spread, you want to make sure your menu is (a) super delicious and (b) easy to make because you’ll be setting up, cheering on your favorite team and mixing and mingling with friends. That’s why I suggest picking appetizers that feed and crowd and come together in minutes.. like these Beef Taco Wonton Cups!
How to Make Beef Taco Wonton Cups:
The first step to making wonton cups is pressing your wonton wrappers down into a mini muffin pan and baking while empty for about 5 minutes or until the edges just start to golden.
Pre-baking ensures your wonton cups are fully crispy when they’re baked again with your delicious Beef filling!
The next step is adding in your Beef filling. I suggest an 85% or 90% lean Ground Beef. After browning your beef with taco seasoning, stir it together with your favorite salsa of choice and fill up your wonton cups!
Top each cup with shredded cheddar cheese and bake again for 12 to 14 minutes or until cheese has melted and wontons are golden.
Now comes the fun part… all the taco toppings! What do you love to add to your tacos? I love a loaded taco with all the toppings! Pick your favorites and add them on. That’s all there is to making Beef Taco Cups!
Beef Taco Cup Toppings:
- Sour Cream
- Pickled Jalapeños
- Shredded Cheese
- Chopped Tomatoes
- Diced Cilantro
- Diced Green Onion or Red Onion
- Guacamole or Diced Avocado
These taco wonton cups are crispy on the outside and full of delicious beef taco flavor on the inside. You won’t be able to stop at just one! They’re also perfect for a quick snack, Taco Tuesday dish, potluck parties, game nights, and more!
What’s left to do? Add them to your Tailgate Table! You can use any tray from a festive football one or just a simple platter or serving dish. Watch them disappear in lightning speed!
More Football Appetizers for your Tailgate Spread:
- Mini Beef Chili Bread Bowls
- Football Cheese Ball
- Football Veggie Tray
- Game Day Charcuterie Board
Beef Taco Wonton Cups
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Taco Cup Toppings
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup sliced green onion
- ¼ cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 bunch cilantro - diced
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef and taco seasoning and cook 6 to 8 minutes, breaking beef up as it cooks until crumbled using a wooden spatula and stirring occasionally.
- Remove pan from heat when beef is fully cooked and stir in the salsa.
- Spray a mini-muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray. Press wonton wrappers into the pan. Bake for 5 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Spoon a tablespoon of the Beef filling into each wonton cup and top with shredded cheese. Return pan to oven and bake for 12-14 minutes or until edges of wonton wrappers are golden brown.
- Remove pan from oven and garnish each taco wonton cup with sour cream, extra cheese, sliced green onion, diced tomatoes and cilantro.
Pizzazzerie is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Programs and other affiliate services. This means that pizzazzerie.com receives a small commission by linking to Amazon.com and other sites at no cost to the readers.
Courtney’s Latest book
Get Your Copy!
In The Southern Entertainer’s Cookbook, Courtney Whitmore shares her party go-tos, over 75 delicious crowd-pleasing recipes. Featured as a must-have cookbook in Southern Living Magazine.