These Cinnamon Almonds are so simple to make in the air fryer in just 10 minutes with only 7 ingredients! They’re crispy, crunchy and full of cinnamon sugar flavor for an easy snack or holiday gift.
Air Fryer Cinnamon Almonds
This air-fryer cinnamon almonds recipe remind me of the hot candied nuts they sell at state fairs. Growing up, I used to go to the North Carolina State Fair each year, and I still remember the smell of the cinnamon pecans and almonds that came in a cone-shaped container. Heavenly! Did you know you can make them – at home – in your AIR FRYER? Oh yes!
The almonds get roasted in this cinnamon sugary coating that hardens around them, making them so crunchy and delicious! I seriously cannot stop at just one handful.
No need to even turn on the oven for these cinnamon almonds. The air fryer is a great way to make these. Around the holidays, when you’re baking and cooking up a storm, this is one easy recipe you can whip up in minutes to enjoy as a sweet snack, wrap up to gift to friends or freeze for enjoying later.
Ingredients & Substitutions
Raw Almonds: Make sure you buy raw, unsalted almonds for this recipe. If you want, you can substitute in other nuts like pecans or walnuts.
Egg White: The egg white helps the cinnamon sugar mixture to stick to the almonds.
Vanilla Extract: Pure vanilla extract gives these cinnamon almonds a rich flavor that really doesn’t have another substitute, so don’t leave out the vanilla! Opt for high quality here, if you can.
Granulated Sugar: Use regular, granulated sugar (white sugar) along with brown sugar for the perfect, sugary coating on these air fryer almonds.
Brown Sugar: I used light brown sugar, dark brown sugar should work just fine as well, however.
Sea Salt: I love the touch of salt to balance the sweetness in these roasted almonds! Add more or less, to your preference.
Ground Cinnamon: I saved the best for last, you can’t make cinnamon almonds without cinnamon! You can, however, substitute in pumpkin pie spice or apple pie spice if you prefer!
How to Make Air Fryer Cinnamon Almonds
Roasting almonds in the air fryer is faster than using the oven and still produces a delicious, crunchy roasted almond!
- Coat whole almonds in egg white and vanilla extract.
- Toss coated almonds with sugars, salt and cinnamon.
- Roast in a single layer in the air fryer (spritzed with nonstick baking spray) at 300 degrees F. for 8 to 10 minutes, being sure to toss the basket halfway through so the nuts are evenly roasted. Give the air-fryer basket a good shake!
- Air fryers can differ so be sure to watch your almonds carefully so they do not burn! You’ll know they’re ready when they’re golden brown, smell amazing and if you sneak one, it’s the perfect crunchy texture!
The sweet crunchy coating will cause the almonds to clump together, which you can enjoy as is or use a spatula or spoon to break apart.
How to Serve Cinnamon Almonds:
- I love to gift this delicious snack down in cellophane bags, mason jars, or swing-top jars as holiday gifts!
- Use in a trail mix or snack mix.
- Add on top of a salad, yogurt parfaits, or oatmeal.
- Enjoy on top of crostini like these candied nut bruschetta toasts!
- Enjoy on top of ice cream, cakes or baked into cookies.
How long do Air Fryer Cinnamon Almonds Last?
Enjoy these air fryer cinnamon almonds warm or at room temperature in a sealed can or sealed plastic bag for up to one week. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up two weeks. You can also freeze them in an air-tight container for up to one month.
What if I don’t have an Air Fryer?
I have this air fryer (I LOVE IT) and use it all the time. I highly suggest getting one! However, you can still use the oven if you don’t own an air fryer. Just roast these cinnamon almonds in a single layer at 250 degrees F (120 degrees C) on a rimmed baking sheet sprayed with nonstick baking spray for 60 minutes, tossing every 20 minutes.
Make a big batch of this delicious recipe to enjoy all season long! Your entire house will smell absolutely amazing too.
Air Fryer Cinnamon Almonds
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups raw almonds - unsalted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat air fryer to 300°F. Spray the bottom of your air fryer basket with nonstick baking spray.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together egg whites and vanilla extract. In a large bowl, add almonds and pour over egg white mixture. Toss nuts to evenly coat.
- In a small bowl, stir together sugars, salt and cinnamon. Sprinkle over nuts and use two spoons to evenly coat the nuts in the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Spread out nuts evenly in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry the almonds for 8-10 minutes, tossing halfway.