Are you ready to spice up your Thanksgiving? Whip up a batch of Thanksgiving Margaritas; they’re the perfect blend of fall coziness in margarita form, guaranteed to be the star of your holiday table!
The true star of this Thanksgiving Margarita is fresh apple cider, infusing the margarita with the tasty flavors of fall that beautifully complements the zesty kick of lime juice and tequila. It’s bound to be your new favorite Thanksgiving cocktail!
Best news of all? They’re EASY to make!
Thanksgiving Margarita Ingredients
APPLE CIDER: The star of the margarita, apple cider is the perfect addition for any fall-flavored cocktail. It pairs beautifully with the tequila! I prefer unfiltered apple cider, but use what you can find in store (typically found in the produce section in the grocery store). You can also use a spiced apple cider (often containing cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, or ginger). You can even stir in a tablespoon of apple butter to your margarita for an extra boost of flavor!
Can’t find apple cider in a pinch? You can swap in apple juice with a sprinkling of spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, pumpkin pie spice, and ginger.
TEQUILA: Use any silver or blanco tequila you have on hand.
ORANGE LIQUEUR: You can use triple sec, Cointreau or even substitute fresh orange juice.
LIME JUICE: Use fresh lime juice for the best flavor! Then slice up the extra lime and toss it in as a garnish!
See the full printable recipe card at the end of the blog post!
How to Make a Thanksgiving Margarita
First things first, rim your glass!
Rimming Your Glass
Swipe the rim with a lime wedge and then into course salt or dip it in honey and then cinnamon sugar for a festive, seasonal twist. You could also add a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice in to your rimming spices too! I personally love a cinnamon sugar rim!
Next, fill your glass with ice then pour in tequila, triple sec, apple cider, and a big squeeze of fresh lime juice.
Thanksgiving Margarita Garnishes
Garnishing is my favorite part of any cocktail recipe, especially fall drinks because cinnamon sticks are just the best! Here’s a little list for more ideas…
- Cinnamon Sticks
- Lime Wedges
- Apple Slices
- Rosemary sprigs
- Thyme sprigs
You can easily make a big pitcher of this easy Thanksgiving Margarita recipe in advance so all you have to do is pour over ice, garnish and go! This is perfect for Thanksgiving especially since there is a LOT of preparation going on for the big turkey feast!
A little tip! If pre-slicing your apples for garnishing, quickly dip them in lemon or lime juice to prevent browning. Then wrap in a damp paper towel and store in the refrigerator until ready to set in your drink.
Serve up these margaritas in anything from a traditional margarita glass to a mason jar! I love these crystal glasses that I always pull out for Thanksgiving.
Make a Large Pitcher
To create a pitcher of Thanksgiving Margaritas, here are the adjusted ingredient amounts:
Ingredients for Pitcher-Size
- 1 1/2 cups (12 ounces) silver or blanco tequila
- 4 cups (32 ounces) apple cider
- 1 cup (8 ounces) orange liqueur (triple sec or Cointreau) or substitute with pure orange juice
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) fresh lime juice (adjust to taste)
More Thanksgiving Recipes & Ideas You’ll LOVE:
- The Best Homemade Cranberry Sauce
- Thanksgiving Appetizers for a Crowd
- Set a Gorgeous Thanksgiving Tablescape
With the comforting notes of apple cider meeting the punch of tequila and citrus, this is the best cocktail for an instant hit for any holiday gathering, especially happy hour at a Friendsgiving and Thanksgiving! It’s the perfect fun twist on a classic margarita.
So kick off the holiday season with this tasty Thanksgiving margarita recipe. I hope you’ll add it to your Thanksgiving menu!
- 1 1/2 ounces silver tequila - also known as blanco tequila
- 4 ounces apple cider
- 1 ounce triple sec, orange liqueur, or Cointreau - can substitute orange juice
- 1 squeeze fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon sugar - for rimming glass
- Garnishes (cinnamon stick, rosemary sprig, lime slices, apple slices)
Rim Glass (Optional)
- If desired, prepare the glass by running a lime wedge around the rim. Then, dip the rim into a shallow plate with either cinnamon sugar for a cozy, sweet touch, or salt for a more classic margarita rim. You can also dip the rim in honey!
- Fill glass with ice. Pour in the tequila, followed by the apple cider. Add the orange liqueur or orange juice and give it a good squeeze of fresh lime juice.
- Use a spoon or a stirrer to thoroughly mix the ingredients together.
- Garnish (Optional): Add a slice of apple or a twist of lime to the rim of the glass for a decorative touch. Add in a cinnamon stick and fresh rosemary sprig too!