This is my family’s go-to cranberry sauce! It’s super simple to make, and the hint of orange makes it so delicious!
Let’s talk cranberry sauce! It’s the pop of color on every Thanksgiving table, and it’s a dish that’s a breeze to make! This homemade cranberry sauce recipe has a hint or orange and orange zest in it which makes it so delicious. You will never buy canned cranberry sauce again. Trust me!
Thanksgiving can be a bit of a wild holiday in the kitchen. Pans everywhere. Microwave and oven going. Refrigerator open more than not. Chaos. That’s why I always like to contribute this cranberry sauce because it is SO EASY! Truly, it’s all made in a saucepan in just minutes. So if you are tasked to contribute to Thanksgiving dinner, sign up for the cranberry sauce!!
You can stick to just white sugar, but I like to divide the sugar between white and brown sugar. It just adds a little something that I love. Also, you can add more sugar it you prefer a sweeter cranberry sauce or stick to my recipe for a traditional tartness!
I like to garnish my cranberry sauce with orange zest, but you can easily leave this off. It has orange juice in the recipe so you’ll get the balance of flavors.
Say no to the canned cranberry glob, and make this fresh homemade version. It’s also amazing to use for Thanksgiving leftovers like cranberry, brie, and turkey paninis! I’ll be making those this year.
If you have extra cranberries, I highly suggest trying out these recipes! I love cranberries around here, can you tell? ;)
- Bourbon-Infused Cranberry & Goat Cheese Bites
- Cranberry & Blood Orange Sangria (so delish)
- Sparkling Cranberry Baked Brie
How long can I store Cranberry Sauce in the refrigerator?
Keep it in a sealed container in the refrigerator for 10-14 days. So you can easily make this recipe before Thanksgiving day!
Is Cranberry Sauce supposed to be served hot or cold?
This is personal preference! I like mine slightly warm so I’ll usually microwave it for a bit before serving, but it’s just as delicious chilled too.
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 12 ounces cranberries - (1 12 oz. bag)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest - optional
- Combine white and light brown sugar with orange juice in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add bag of cranberries and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes. Add cinnamon, salt, and orange zest. Stir to combine and remove from heat.
- Allow to cool before serving. Keep stored in refrigerator.
If you try out this homemade cranberry sauce, let me know! I hope you love it!
P.S. I use this EXACT cranberry sauce in my Cranberry & Prosciutto Crostini recipe! It’s my favorite Thanksgiving Appetizer!