The Best Christmas Sangria (Cranberry & Orange)
The perfect Christmas Sangria, this cranberry and blood orange sangria is festive in color, delicious in taste and sure to please all your Christmas party goers!
The Best Christmas Sangria
Cheers, friends! Tis the season for an easy, delicious Christmas drink that’s perfect for a crowd! This “pitcher perfect” Christmas Sangria is full of festive cranberry and blood orange flavor. It’s SO delicious, I make it every December!
This Recipe’s Must-Haves!
This sangria goes with any holiday meal! We love to serve it alongside this beef tenderloin roast every Christmas Eve! I look forward to that meal every year.
Christmas Sangria Ingredients
- Red Wine (1 bottle) – Don’t break the bank here, save your best red wines to enjoy on their own. Opt for an affordable, fruitier red wine for this sangria.
- Cranberry Juice
- Grand Marnier – You can sub in Cointreau if you like
- Lime Juice
- Blood Orange Juice (juice of 1 blood orange) – If you can’t find blood oranges, you can substitute any orange variety
Garnish Your Christmas Sangria
I always love to jazz up any cocktail, but especially a festive Christmas drink. Serve this Christmas Sangria garnished with cranberries and sliced blood oranges. You could even add in a rosemary sprig for a pop of green color!
Christmas sangria couldn’t be easier, it’s a “pour it in and you’re done” kind of recipe which is truthfully my favorite!
Plus, it’s best served after sitting overnight in the refrigerator so you can fix it and forget it – until the next day.
You can even jazz it up and put it in a fun glass (snagged mine from HomeGoods this week, aren’t they cute?) or heck, drink it out of a plastic tumbler, it’ll taste just as delicious!
Now just pick your favorite holiday movie, grab a glass (or two) of this Cranberry Blood Orange Sangria and let all your troubles float away! At least for a few minutes, right? Then don’t forget to move that darn elf.
Cranberry and Blood Orange Christmas Sangria
- 1 750 ml bottle fruity red wine
- 3 cups cranberry juice
- 1/4 cup Grand Marnier
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 blood oranges - 1 juiced, 1 sliced
- Combine all ingredients in a pitcher (including fresh cranberries and blood orange slices) and refrigerate overnight. Serve chilled (with or without ice).
Pizzazzerie is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Programs and other affiliate services. This means that pizzazzerie.com receives a small commission by linking to Amazon.com and other sites at no cost to the readers.
Courtney’s Latest book
Get Your Copy!
In The Southern Entertainer’s Cookbook, Courtney Whitmore shares her party go-tos, over 75 delicious crowd-pleasing recipes. Featured as a must-have cookbook in Southern Living Magazine.