Hi, friends! How did we all survive the holidays? Well you know the party never stops around here so I’m gearing up to GO TO THE GOLDEN GLOBES….again! I know. I can’t believe it either. Lindt is the “Official Chocolate Confectionery of the 74th Annual Golden Globe Awards and I’m so excited to be able to accompany them out for the fun! While I’m getting myself all fancied up (bye-bye leggings), I wanted to share a little viewing party inspiration should you want to invite your friends over and watch the Golden Globes, Pizzazzerie-style! Let’s take a look…
TOP 7 TIPS FOR A GOLDEN GLOBES BAR CART
- Keep it on color scheme! Black, gold and a pop of red is perfect for your golden globes bar cart!
- Stock the bar (cart)! You want to be sure your bar cart is both festive but also functional. This means lining up champagne or wine glasses. I opted for chic black wine glasses! Also be sure to keep wine (I served up Landmark Wines) and champagne on ice so they’re cold for guests. Landmark Wines pair perfectly with the Lindt Chocolate so it’s a match made in heaven! Another hostess tip for all celebrations, keep water on hand (I love FIJI) for guests to enjoy!
- Adding something sweet is the perfect accompaniment to a bar cart! I topped simple brownie bites with buttercream frosting, a piece of Lindt EXCELLENCE Dark Chocolate with a Touch of Sea Salt and a touch of edible gold leaf. I also kept full bars of a variety of EXCELLENCE bars stocked on the cart for a quick “grab and go” to the couch to watch!
- Make your own food labels! Make clever “BEST DESSERT” or “BEST COCKTAIL” cards to accompany your food and drinks.
- Candles add height variety and a touch of color so add in tapered red or gold candles.
- Use simple boxes to raise up appetizer plates or other cocktail must-haves!
- Decorate around your bar cart! Garlands and balloons are inexpensive and add a pop of fun to your bar cart area.
A bar cart is truly the perfect “rolling party” for the Golden Globes because you can greet your guests with a glass of wine and then roll it up beside the television for your viewing pleasure. Chocolate, cocktails, and the Golden Globes? Now that’s the perfect recipe for a girl’s night in, don’t you think?
I have some talented friends and fellow bloggers joining me at the Golden Globes, and they have also share some fabulous ideas for entertaining in style so without further ado…
- Learn how to make a Golden Globes Cheese & Chocolate Board for your party guests!
- Jazz up your beverages with DIY Golden Globes Drink Tags!
During the first hour of the awards, I will also be co-hosting a Twitter Party with Lindt (@Lindt_Chocolate) and @TwoPeasAndPod, sharing tips for hosting SWEET parties! Make sure you follow along with the hashtag #LindtGoldenGlobes to join the fun with me (@Pizzazzerie) on Sunday, January 8th from 8-9 PM EST. (There’s even a chance to win chocolate!)
Follow along with my trip to the Golden Globes (along with the Lindt team, Two Peas & Their Pod, and Sugar & Cloth) over on social media, especially Instagram Stories…get excited!