Snowed in? We’re a winter white wonderland here in Nashville! About 6-7 inches on the ground, fire in the fireplace, and lots of hot cocoa are happening in Pizzazzerie land! I also had the chance to make these mini banana pudding parfaits for you, they’re so delicious! Serve up a tray of these mini desserts (or make them in a larger trifle) for parties or just a fancy little treat! I have quite an obsession with mini desserts (a whole Pinterest board devoted to them in fact) and this Southern treat is one of my top faves!
Growing up, I always chose the “chocolate” dessert anytime I had a choice. Then for some reason, around graduate school, I became obsessed with all things b-a-n-a-n-a! I don’t really know why, but I’m totally not complaining. Bring on the banana desserts!
If you’ve never made banana pudding before, you are in for a TREAT! It’s rich, creamy, and full of flavor. Down South, we love our banana pudding. This is my go-to recipe that my Mom passed down to me. Add in sliced banana, vanilla wafers, and whipped meringue? Now you’re talking! This little parfait is oh so delish. Why not throw a dessert party and serve up all your favorites “mini size”? My kind of party!
On an unrelated note, my baby turns 2 in April! I have no idea what kind of party she should have! When you do what I do, it’s hard to finally commit to a theme! Here is her garden 1st birthday party from last year. I have a few themes rolling around in my head. Yes, I know it’s a little early to be thinking about it, but it’s just so much fun!
Mini Banana Pudding Parfaits
- 2 cups vanilla wafers
- 3 ripe bananas
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, combine yolks from 3 eggs (set the whites aside) with 1 whole egg, 1/2 cup sugar, and salt. Whisk together.
- Mash 1 1/2 ripe bananas and add to saucepan.
- Stir in the milk and cook (uncovered) for 10-12 minutes (until thickened).
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- In electric mixer, beat leftover egg whites until stiffened. Add remaining 1/4 cup sugar and beat until stiff.
- Layer each parfait cup with vanilla wafers, scoop of pudding, sliced banana, and meringue.
Looking for more banana recipes?! I included a few fabulous ones from around the web!