Now you know my love of pineapples, right? If you’ve been here for any length of time (or follow me on Instagram), it will be no surprise that I adore all things tropical! So when Swoozie’s told me about their new Cha Cha Cha line, I was smitten. So I rounded up my favorite items from the line and hosted a tropical soiree to inspire you to host your own girlfriends over and entertain in style! Let’s chat about this tablescape, a delicious party-perfect appetizer, and where you can find all the items! Read on…
TOP TIPS FOR A TROPICAL SOIREE
- First up, a great solid tablecloth visually anchors your tablescape and I love how the orange really makes the flowers pop! I also think pink and white would be fabulous options as well. Everything feels a little fancier on a tablecloth so I love to use them for most of my parties!
- Almost everything you see on my tabletop is from Swoozie’s (can we say one-stop-shop?)! For a tropical soiree, it’s all about the fruits! I love their “cha cha cha” cups which are great for grabbing from the table and taking along for mixing and mingling! I added in a few of their other matching “cha cha cha” items including this adorable cutting board/tray for serving up my appetizers with cute tropical party picks (recipe below) and this wine bag (perfect for on-the-go parties too).
- Flowers! A beautiful arrangement of pinks, oranges, and whites is the perfect accompaniment to the tablescape. And I’ll let you in on a little secret. I grabbed a little bushel of baby monstera leaves at the craft store to tuck down into the arrangement for a “tropical” touch!
- You know I love the details, right? So gold straws were a must! Plus, I love these honeycomb straws too!
- Now that we have drink details covered, it’s on to place settings! I paired gold flatware with a simple dinner plate to let the fabulous palm leaf plate really pop! It has a metallic sheen to it that makes it so festive and fun!
- Napkins! I used these gold foil pineapple napkins (amazing) along with the “cha cha cha” cocktail napkins for drinks!
Every good party needs a festive appetizer, right? I love to tailor the appetizer to fit the theme so pineapple and bacon bites were just perfect for this tropical soiree! I love bacon wrapped pineapple so this is an easy twist.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 pieces bacon cooked and chopped
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 12 phyllo cups
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Combine diced pineapple with soy sauce, salt, and brown sugar. Toss until coated evenly. Fill each phyllo cup with pineapples and top with chopped bacon. Bake for 15 minutes.
Now it’s time for you to go grab some festive party items and get planning! Maybe you have a baby shower coming up or you want to host a girl’s night in, give it a tropical twist and it’s bound to be a good time! Again, hop over here at Swoozie’s to shop the line I used here in my tropical soiree!