My favorite dish for a chilly fall night is this Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup!
Not only is Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup a go-to weeknight meal but it’s perfect for parties. You can whip it up early in the morning so you have time to get yourself together before guests arrive!
It serves a crowd and it’s also fabulous for setting up “bar style” with all the toppings. Of course you can save extra for leftovers too.
This chicken tortilla soup couldn’t be easier. I always like to keep the ingredients on hand so I can make it in a jiffy.
I genuinely love crock pot meals, especially in the fall and winter. Some of my favorite easy dinner ideas are made in my crock pot, including this tortilla soup!
If you’re looking for party ideas, I think this Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup would be fabulous for a game night, viewing party, or in place of a “taco Tuesday” weeknight meal.
Tips for Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
- I think the “low” cooking option (8 hours) makes a more flavorful soup so opt for that cook time if you have it. If you’re in a pinch, the 4 hour high cook will work too!
- Experiment with different seasonings to add a bit of spice or more flavors that you love!
- You can sub in 1 pound of ground beef or ground turkey for the chicken.
- At only 315 calories per serving, this chicken tortilla soup is a fabulous entree idea if you’re watching calories!
For more of my most-popular recipes, check out:
- Cream Cheese Cookies (Pillow Soft Cookies)
- Miniature Avocado Toasts (Party Ready)
- The Best Blueberry Banana Bread
Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 can corn rinsed and drained
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 1 can fire roasted petite diced tomatoes
- 1 can enchilada sauce
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 pound chicken (3-4 chicken breasts or 1 rotisserie chicken)
- If you’re using a rotisserie chicken that is pre-cooked, just shred the chicken and add it in below with all your ingredients. If you’re using chicken breasts that aren’t cooked, add them in and once cooked thoroughly (after 4 hours on high or 7-8 on low), remove and shred and then return to soup. Tip for quick shredding: place the cooked chicken breasts in your electric mixer for 30 seconds!
- Combine all ingredients into crock pot, cover, and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- You can garnish with cilantro, shredded cheese, tortilla strips, and avocado before serving!
There you have it! If you try my Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup, let me know! I’d love to see how you liked it!