My favorite dish for a chilly fall night is this Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup!
Not only is Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup a go-to weeknight meal but it’s perfect for parties. You can whip it up early in the morning so you have time to get yourself together before guests arrive! It serves a crowd and it’s also fabulous for setting up “bar style” with all the toppings.
This chicken tortilla soup couldn’t be easier. I always like to keep the ingredients on hand so I can make it in a jiffy.
If you’re looking for party ideas, I think this Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup would be fabulous for a game night, viewing party, or in place of a “taco Tuesday” weeknight meal.
Tips for Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
- I think the “low” cooking option (8 hours) makes a more flavorful soup so opt for that cook time if you have it. If you’re in a pinch, the 4 hour high cook will work too!
- Experiment with different seasonings to add a bit of spice or more flavors that you love!
- You can sub in 1 pound of ground beef or ground turkey for the chicken.
- At only 315 calories per serving, this chicken tortilla soup is a fabulous entree idea if you’re watching calories!
Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
Easy to make and full of flavor!
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 can corn rinsed and drained
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 1 can fire roasted petite diced tomatoes
- 1 can enchilada sauce
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 pound chicken (3-4 chicken breasts or 1 rotisserie chicken)
Combine all ingredients into crock pot, cover, and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
If you’re using a rotisserie chicken that is pre-cooked, just shred the chicken and add it in. If you’re using chicken breasts that aren’t cooked, add them in and once cooked thoroughly, shred and return to soup.
You can garnish with cilantro, shredded cheese, tortilla strips, and avocado before serving!
There you have it! If you try my Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup, let me know! I’d love to see how you liked it!