This Blueberry Banana Bread is flavorful and full of blueberries! If you want a twist on classic banana bread, blueberries are my favorite addition!
Banana bread is probably my favorite “quick sweet breads” to make. I really love creating various flavors of banana bread (try my pumpkin banana bread this fall, trust me).
This summer, I’ve had an abundance of blueberries so I decided to combine two of my favorite flavors to create a delicious bread – Blueberry Banana Bread – to be exact. YUM!
I’ve had blueberry breads in the past, but they’ve never had enough blueberries for me. Give me all the blueberries, y’all! You can absolutely tailor it to your tastes, but I wanted it full of blueberries! I still love that you can taste the banana flavor too though! It’s truly delicious, and so moist!
This is the perfect bread to make on a weekend morning with family! Double the batch and give one to a neighbor or friends. It also freezes very well!
I love enjoying a slice of this banana blueberry bread with coffee in the mornings, before the family is up and the chaos of life begins. Ah, the “quiet hour”. Do you get up before your family? It’s a habit that I’ve tried to adopt, and this bread certainly helps!
If you love Blueberry Banana Bread, you’ll also love…
I haven’t tried it yet, but I imagine strawberries would be a wonderful alternative as well. It might just be my new recipe to test. I also love to add pumpkin to banana bread. Do you have any other fruits you love in a banana bread? Lave me a comment below!
So far though, this blueberry banana bread recipe is getting rave reviews with everyone who has tried it.
My daughter Blakely keeps asking me to make another batch of this bread! She’s not even the biggest fan of blueberries (she loved them as a toddler though) but she still adores this bread. It’s the perfect amount of sweetness with fruity flavors!
What You’ll Need To Make This Blueberry Banana Bread:
- one regular sized loaf pan (<– this is the one I used, I love it) or you could use small loaf pans, just fill the batter up halfway. I love to make one big one, or double the recipe to make two loaf pans.
- 2 Very Ripe Bananas (the darker, riper bananas are perfect)
- 2 1/2 cups Blueberries
- Electric Mixer
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda & Baking Powder
- Vanilla Extract
You’re probably wondering why I’m showing you my blueberries all coated in flour, right? Read on! It’s one of my FAVORITE baking tips!
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING:
“This recipe is so great! I’ve made it 3 weekends in a row. My family cannot get enough of it!” – Tommie
“I’ve made Thousands of banana breads and blueberry breads but none have even come close to the DELICIOUSNESS of your bread!” – Peg
“The best most moist bread ever! And it freezes fabulously! Thank-you for sharing— this is my 3rd time making this!” – Debbie
BLUEBERRY BANANA BREAD BAKING TIPS
- Toss your blueberries in a few tablespoons of flour and coat evenly. This helps prevent your blueberries from sinking to the bottom of your bread. Use this tip anytime you’re baking with blueberries! Nifty, huh?
- Use ripe bananas! When they’re turning brown, this is the perfect banana for baking.
- If you don’t have fresh blueberries, you CAN use frozen blueberries in this recipe! It just might turn some of the batter a blue color. But it’s no problem!
- Every oven is different, be sure to test your bread with a skewer or knife inserted in the center until it comes out clean. You might have to add a bit of baking time depending on your oven.
- You CAN freeze this banana bread! It freezes very well.
- Can you turn this blueberry banana bread into blueberry banana muffins? You absolutely can! It will shorten the baking time, so just watch carefully at the 25 minute mark, insert a toothpick in the center to test for doneness.
How to Freeze Blueberry Banana Bread
I really love to freeze this bread as well! If you wrap it tightly in aluminum foil, it will thaw and taste as delicious as when you made it fresh.
This is a perfect treat to take to friends who just had a baby, for example! It’s a quick and easy breakfast that everyone will love!
If you want to make this recipe low-carb, you could try almond or coconut flour. I plan to test this out soon, but if you’ve tried it, let us know in the comments!
I hope you’ll love this Blueberry Banana Bread! For more of my favorite recipes, check out…
Blueberry Banana Bread
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature - (1 stick)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or using a large bowl and hand-held mixer), cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, and mix until combined. Beat in vanilla extract. Mash ripe bananas and add to mixture, mixing until combined.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Stir until combined. Slowly add dry ingredients to banana mixture until just combined. Don’t over-mix.
- Toss blueberries in a coating of flour and stir gently into the batter.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan (sprayed with nonstick cooking spray or lined with parchment paper). Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Ovens vary so watch carefully. You might have to add an additional 5-10 minutes of baking time if needed.
- Allow to cool completely on a wire rack and enjoy!