A delicious dessert filled with fresh peaches, these easy glazed peach hand pies are the perfect picnic treat!
Inspired by the fragrance Farm Fresh Peach from the new Yankee Candle Woodland Road Trip Collection, I’m excited to share this recipe with you! It smells like you stepped foot right into a peach orchard!
One of my favorite memories as a child was loading up in my grandfather’s truck to take a little road trip over to the peach orchard. We’d make so many delicious treats with those peaches! I’ve always loved continuing the tradition of summer peach desserts, and now with glazed peach hand pies!
I hope it inspires you to take a road-trip with friends or family to your local farmer’s market or peach stand, grab some peaches and get baking! You might just find your new favorite dessert recipe…
I love to make these hand pies with apples too, but the peaches are perfect for these last few weeks of summer. They’re also SUPER simple which is perfect for letting my daughter help me in the kitchen. She loves to bake.
How to Make Peach Hand Pies
The steps are super simple! You can also recreate these steps with any fruit (try apples, berries, etc)
Cut Out Pie Dough Circles
Use any round cutter to cut out circles from pie crust (store-bought or homemade). I used 5″ circles, but you can use any size.
Add Filling to Pie Dough Circle
Add a tablespoon-sized amount of filling (recipe below) to the center of each pie dough circle.
Fold & Seal Pie Dough Edges
Fold your pie dough circle in half to create a half-moon shape. Use a fork to press down and seal the edges so that it will keep your filling inside while baking. Then, use a knife to create a few slits in the dough so steam can escape. Lastly, brush the entire top with egg wash.
You can enjoy them as is OR make them even sweeter with an easy vanilla glaze brushed on top while they’re still warm. It’s the “icing” on top that makes these peach hand pies so delicious.
Allow the glazed peach hand pies to set-up and dry for at least an hour before packaging them up for a picnic to-go or a fun road trip with friends. Ok, so even if you skip the picnic and enjoy these pies right in your kitchen, you will LOVE them!
However, if you’re feeling quite fancy, there’s nothing quite like a good old-fashioned picnic! Grab your favorite wine, cheese and crackers, your glazed peach hand pies (of course), Yankee Candle’s Farm Fresh Peach fragrance and a few other road trip faves – a pretty blanket, Coleman’s OneSource LED Lantern and speakers for music! Head out on the road, smell the fresh air and enjoy time with loved ones. We could all use a little more of that after the last year, right?
Let’s get to the recipe for these peach hand pies…
Glazed Peach Hand Pies
Peach Hand Pies
- 6 pie crusts (3 store-bought boxes of 2 or homemade)
- 2 cups peaches diced (about 5-6 large peaches)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F°. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface (or parchment paper), roll out pie crusts to 1/4" thickness. Cut out 4-5" circles (or size of your choice) from the pie crust using cookie cutters.
- In a mixing bowl, combine peaches, brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, lemon juice and almond extract. Stir well until thoroughly combined.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of peach filling onto the pie circle. Fold pie over filling. Press the edges with a fork to seal. Use a knife to cut a few slits into the top of each pie.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and water. Brush the egg wash over the pies.
- Place pies onto a prepared baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool while preparing glaze.
- Whisk together powdered sugar and milk until smooth. Add more powdered sugar if glaze is too runny or more milk if glaze is too thick. Brush glaze over slightly warmed hand pies. You can double-coat the glaze if you like more.
- Allow to set-up for at least one hour. Enjoy!
For even more peach-flavored recipes, check out these posts below:
You can check out the other fragrances in Yankee Candle’s Woodland Road Trip here! They include Woodland Road Trip, Farm Fresh Peach, Cozy Cabin Escape, and Sunlit Autumn!
Thanks to Yankee Candle and Coleman for sponsoring this post!