Hey, Y’all! Back again with more Labor Day inspiration! This could easily be “year-round” inspiration with a color change because these little “mini ice cream cakes” could not be easier or more delicious. If you missed my Ice Cream Social with Blue Bunny, “hop” over here to see it! This little treat would be delicious with any of their ice cream flavors but I’m partial to their newest: Caramel Fudge Brownie Sundae! Oh my gracious, it’s one-of-a-kind! You can decorate these babies up however you like! I think they’d make perfect little “birthday cakes” for a party.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
1 recipe chocolate cake (or your favorite flavor) – my favorite recipe is below!
1 container Blue Bunny Caramel Fudge Brownie Sundae, Vanilla, or your favorite Blue Bunny flavor
decorations (sprinkles, cupcake skewers, cherries, etc)
Once you have your chocolate cake batter ready, use it to fill your cupcake liners about 1/3 full. This is less than a normal cupcake size because we want to save room for the ice cream! Don’t worry if some are more full than others, you won’t be able to notice in the end. Bake for almost half the time (watch carefully to be sure they’re done but not overcooked). Let cupcakes cool. Use a round ice cream scoop to prep your ice cream. Scoop out rounds and set on a baking sheet in the freezer (you can put them directly onto the cupcake, but this method is good for a crowd). Once cupcakes are cool and ice cream scoops are frozen, carefully place an ice cream scoop onto the cupcakes and top with a fun decoration or sweet treat! Enjoy!
Here is the ice cream used, run out and try it – you will NOT be disappointed! For a store locator for Blue Bunny products, click here!
I hope you LOVE this easy way to make mini ice cream cakes! And I hope you have a Happy Labor Day weekend! Be sure to visit Blue Bunny for more ice cream ideas!
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 1/8 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter - softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup coffee - won't taste like coffee, don't worry!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Prep your cupcake liners.
- Sift together dry ingredients ( flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.) Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and beat well. Add flour mixture, alternating with coffee. Beat until just incorporated.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10-15 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. You'll have to watch this carefully since they aren't as full as normal cupcakes!