Thanksgiving is right around the corner! I’m exited to share this simple and easy appetizer for enjoying around the fire, watching football games, or using up those leftovers! It’s delicious, bite-size, and super easy to make. You’ll just need a few simple, traditional Thanksgiving ingredients and Puff Pastry Sheets to create these mini appetizers! Personalize them to your family’s favorite flavors! AND — Share with me how YOU would use Puff Pastry this Thanksgiving and you could win a trip to the Pepperidge Farm Innovation Center + more! Woohoo! See below…
Start by cutting out small rounds in the thawed Puff Pastry Sheets (mine were made with a small, round fluted ravioli cutter but any cookie cutter or biscuit cutter would work well). Use the round cutter to also slice your thin green apple, cheese, and turkey (see full recipe below).
After the rounds are cut and egg washed, place on a baking sheet (I lined mine with parchment paper) and bake at 400 degrees F. for 5-6 minutes. Remove from oven and cut each puff pastry into two pieces. Fill with green apple, pepperjack or cheddar cheese, turkey, and skewer a dried cranberry on a toothpick!
They’re easy, delish & bite size so perfect for sharing! If you’re headed to a football tailgate the weekend after Thanksgiving, these would be a perfect addition for snacking on during the big games!
Turkey and Apple Pastry Bites
- 1 package Puff Pastry Sheets - thawed
- 1 egg + 1 tablespoon water - beaten
- 2 green apples - sliced thinly
- 24 rounds - 2-inches of pepperjack or cheddar cheese
- 24 mini pieces of turkey - roughly 8 turkey slices, cut into bite-size pieces
- Mustard - spicy or regular
- 24 dried cranberries
- Use a round cutter (I used a ravioli cutter) to cut 24 rounds in thawed Puff Pastry.
- Brush rounds with beaten egg & water (1 egg and 1 tablespoon water) for a pretty golden top. Bake at 400 degrees F. for 5-6 minutes or until tops are golden.
- Slice green apple thinly and cut out 24 rounds.
- Use round cutter to create 24 cheese. Cut turkey into 24 mini bite-size pieces.
- Slice each puff pastry round in half and fill with sliced apple, cheese, and turkey. Add a bit or regular or spicy mustard. Add skewer with cranberry on toothpick.
- Serve & enjoy! Happy Thanksgiving!
I’m part of the Pepperidge Farm “Puff is the Spark” panel which means you can submit your own ideas for using puff pastry to create a Thanksgiving dish for a chance to win a trip to the Pepperidge Farm Innovation Center and have your recipe included in the Campbell’s Kitchen Recipe Database! Leave a comment below telling me what YOU would create!
Last Month’s Reader Recipe Favorite: WENDY who shared “I would use the puff pastries as little cauldrons. I love to combine sweet with savory, so I would mix some chopped chorizo with a little cream cheese for creaminess and tang. I would them put some sweet jam, like apricot jam. The jam will look like a concoction on the cauldron!“
Disclaimer:This post is sponsored by Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry. I’m part of the “Puff is the Spark” Panel. All opinions are 100% my own.