I love glassine bags. I love them almost as much as cupcakes (a lot). If you aren’t familiar with these cutie bags, then let me tell you about them! They’re a translucent white with a wax coating on the inside (perfect for sweet treats). A year ago, I ordered a bulk amount from Nashville Wraps (also a favorite of mine) and time after time, I’m thankful I have them. I used them as favors for a wedding and most recently a bridal shower.
FUN USES FOR GLASSINE BAGS
- PARTY FAVORS: My personal fave, fill them with anything from cookies or chocolates to fresh cherries (seen above) or even a collection of tea bags! Fold over and finish with a bow. You can run them through your printer or adorn with a personalized sticker.
- TREAT BAGS: Hosting a mix-and-mingle party? These little bags are great for holding treats and food while guests enjoy the party. Try filling them with pretzel sticks, fries (seen above), mini sandwiches, biscotti, doughnuts, and more!
- STORE LITTLE SCRAPS: Use glassine bags to store all sorts of little scraps from buttons to business cards. Use double sided tape to adhere a glassine envelope or bag to a scrapbook page. Fill with extra paper, ribbon, etc.
- ESCORT CARDS: Create an escort board for a wedding by writing guests’ names on the outside of glassine bags. Fill the inside with a little note with the table number.
- CONFETTI, ROSE PETALS, etc: Keep the celebration going by filling each glassine bag with confetti or rose petals for the end of parties or weddings. Set a group of them in a tray by the door for guests to grab as they leave!
- NashvilleWraps.com – they come in LOTS of colors too!
- Shop Sweet Lulu – check out the trendy CHEVRON print + more cute prints too!
Pink Ribbon/Wedding Favor: Nichole Heady | Fries: Martha Stewart Weddings | EAT! bags: Martha Stewart Weddings | Cherry Favors: Martha Stewart | Spread The Love: Oh Happy Day | Glassine Envelops for Scraps: a creative mint |