The holidays may have passed but red carpet season is underway! It’s time to set the table in style and enjoy a little Hollywood glamour. The Golden Globes are this Sunday so I’ve put together a themed tablescape to inspire you to set the stage for your own viewing parties.
You might find a little Lindt Chocolate sprinkled in the tablescape! Lindt is the “Official Chocolate Confectionery of the 73rd Annual Golden Globe Awards! Guess who is headed to LA in a few days to host a viewing party for the Globes? I’m SO EXCITED!
At this year’s Golden Globe Awards, Lindt will delight guests with a decadent chocolate experience. I incorporated chocolate into my own place settings just like the ones the stars will enjoy at the Golden Globes!
- During the ceremony, attendees will enjoy a limited edition Lindt gift box presented on their place setting.
- At the Golden Globes lounge, stars will enjoy handcrafted pralines imported from Switzerland and an exquisite chocolate sculpture of the Golden Globe award.
- Lindt will continue the festivities as the Presenting Sponsor and Official Dessert Sponsor of the Weinstein Company Golden Globes After Party, and sweeten up the celebrations with chocolate from the sophisticated Lindt EXCELLENCE collection.
TOP 7 TIPS FOR YOUR GOLDEN GLOBES PARTY
- Set the table in style! Begin with a black, red, or gold tablecloth to set the stage for your dinnerware. If you’re not having luck, head to the fabric store for the perfect shade (and some no-sew hem tape).
- Fold red napkins into bow ties and secure with a piece of ribbon for the perfect “black tie” touch to your place settings!
- White and gold plates in fun stripes and dots add a preppy glitz to your place settings. Mine were picked up at HomeGoods. You can also use plain white dishes and a sprinkling of gold confetti for a similar look.
- Roses! Pick up red roses for a gorgeous floral centerpiece. Who doesn’t feel fancy with a bouquet of red roses on the table?
- Chocolate is a must! I filled black vessels with LINDOR truffles in extra dark and white chocolate. The gold and black wrappers matched the color scheme perfectly. In addition, small sorbet glassware at each place setting held additional LINDOR truffles for each guest. There is never a shortage of chocolate at my parties.
- Serve up at least one signature cocktail at your party! I included 3 (the exact 3 we’ll be enjoying at the LA party) so you can make them at your own Golden Globe viewing parties!
- We’re celebrating the stars on Sunday so gold glittered star drink stirrers are the perfect touch for swirling in your signature drinks! It’s time to breakout your fanciest champagne glasses!
GOLDEN GLOBE SIGNATURE COCKTAIL RECIPES
- 1 ounce St. Germain
- 1 ounce Chambord
- 4 ounces champagne
Combine all ingredients, shake, and serve in your favorite champagne glass!
- 1 teaspoon Goldschlager
- 2 ounces Bailey's Irish Creme
- 2 ounces coffee liqueur
Combine all ingredients, shake, and serve in a glass coffee mug. Garnish with a LINDOR chocolate truffle!
- 1 ounce Domaine de Canton
- 1 ounce vodka
- splash of Grand Marnier
Combine all ingredients, shake, and pour over ice.
More Golden Globes Party Tips
The party doesn’t stop here! My fabulously sweet friends below have even more Golden Globe Party inspiration from a DIY to more recipes and tips on fashion too. Visit the links below!
- DIY Truffle Bingo Printable by Sugar & Cloth
- Peanut Butter Pretzel Caramel Corn by Two Peas and Their Pod
- Golden Globes Home Decor Style by Mod Max Glam
- More Golden Globe Party Ideas from Lindt
P.S. You’re invited!
I’ll be co-hosting a Live Golden Globes Twitter Party along with @Lindt_Chocolate and @TwoPeasAndPod. We’ll be sharing how to throw the best at-home awards show parties, as well as some hot topics from the awards themselves! There will even be a sweet giveaway! #LindtGoldenGlobes Sunday, January 10th, 2016, 8-9pm EST
Chocolate lovers can have a taste of the excitement this awards season by visiting Lindt.com for tips from a variety of experts to create a memorable at-home viewing experience. Thank you for supporting the sponsors that allow us to share our entertaining inspiration!