Colorful Confetti Baby Shower!
My talented sister-in-law photographed this darling baby shower, and I’m so excited to share it! You’ll find lots of inspiration in it like the confetti, polka dot straws, and darling cake. I already have two baby showers to plan for next spring so this post has me bubbling with ideas! The shower was inspired by the nursery that mom-to-be, Jenna, has been creating for her daughter, Addison Reese. Jenna loves color – specifically turquoise and yellow – so the hostesses passed on pastels and went for bright hues. Mom-to-be also loves birds so Owls were incorporated. Read on for more details…
DIY DETAILS by Katie:
- All vases were bought for $1 or less at a local thrift store and then painted white.
- The pink tissue paper for flowers was purchased in bulk from Nashville Wraps, and then all hostesses held a “craft night” to make more than 50 of these fun flowers!
- Placemats for the shower were mismatched pieces of scrapbook paper purchased from Hobby Lobby at 50% off (who doesn’t love half off at Hobby Lobby?!). Although napkins aren’t super important, I will note that we purchased them for an awesome deal at IKEA! Always inexpensive items there!
- “Guess Addie’s Stats” cards were created by shower hostesses; mom-to-be took these home at the end of the night and put all dates in her calendar to make for a fun game around the time that Addie is due. We also have a ranking system of sorts so that someone will, in fact, “win” in the end.
- The confetti was really our FAVORITE part of the entire shower. It added such a nice touch to the tables.
- The cake was created by a very-talented artist turned middle school art teacher turned cake artist, Lydia Moschgat.
- Lastly, the #addiereese book is a compilation of Instagram images taken by her parents or OF her parents since the time that they knew of her existence. They are AVID instagram users so it was a special gift to them. Every guest wrote a letter to Addie in the book.
I must say that I was in love with confetti before but now I can’t wait to incorporate it into a baby shower!
Cake: Lydia Moschgat
Photographer: Kate Whitmore, Photographer
Pizzazzerie is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Programs and other affiliate services. This means that pizzazzerie.com receives a small commission by linking to Amazon.com and other sites at no cost to the readers.
Courtney’s Latest book
Get Your Copy!
In The Southern Entertainer’s Cookbook, Courtney Whitmore shares her party go-tos, over 75 delicious crowd-pleasing recipes. Featured as a must-have cookbook in Southern Living Magazine.
i love those invitations! can you please share where they are from?