My talented sister-in-law photographed this darling baby shower, and I’m so excited to share it! You’ll find lots of inspiration in it like the confetti, polka dot straws, and darling cake. I already have two baby showers to plan for next spring so this post has me bubbling with ideas! The shower was inspired by the nursery that mom-to-be, Jenna, has been creating for her daughter, Addison Reese. Jenna loves color – specifically turquoise and yellow – so the hostesses passed on pastels and went for bright hues. Mom-to-be also loves birds so Owls were incorporated. Read on for more details…
DIY DETAILS by Katie:
- All vases were bought for $1 or less at a local thrift store and then painted white.
- The pink tissue paper for flowers was purchased in bulk from Nashville Wraps, and then all hostesses held a “craft night” to make more than 50 of these fun flowers!
- Placemats for the shower were mismatched pieces of scrapbook paper purchased from Hobby Lobby at 50% off (who doesn’t love half off at Hobby Lobby?!). Although napkins aren’t super important, I will note that we purchased them for an awesome deal at IKEA! Always inexpensive items there!
- “Guess Addie’s Stats” cards were created by shower hostesses; mom-to-be took these home at the end of the night and put all dates in her calendar to make for a fun game around the time that Addie is due. We also have a ranking system of sorts so that someone will, in fact, “win” in the end.
- The confetti was really our FAVORITE part of the entire shower. It added such a nice touch to the tables.
- The cake was created by a very-talented artist turned middle school art teacher turned cake artist, Lydia Moschgat.
- Lastly, the #addiereese book is a compilation of Instagram images taken by her parents or OF her parents since the time that they knew of her existence. They are AVID instagram users so it was a special gift to them. Every guest wrote a letter to Addie in the book.
Cake: Lydia Moschgat
Photographer: Kate Whitmore, Photographer