One of my very favorite boy baby shower themes is a Once in a Blue Moon theme! Take a look at the pictures and inspiration below..
Once in a Blue Moon Baby Shower
Planning a baby shower? I just adore this traditional baby blue shower decorated with a “Once in a Blue Moon” theme!
I just love the traditional touches and all the baby blue! Below are all the resources for where the items were purchased so you can throw your own baby shower for mom-to-be!
The book “The Magic Blanket” is nestled down in a cute wooden wagon for a sweet gift for Mom-to-be. The mini cupcakes with little onesie toppers are so adorable! Toppers like this are so perfect for dressing up regular store-bought or simple cupcakes.
What an easy way to dress up your treats! I also love how the wrapping paper is coordinated to the shower. While it’s not the case for guests arriving to the party (unless it happens to match), as the host, you can add this coordinated touch by selecting wrapping that fits the table and letting the presents act as decor too!
A simple line of ribbon or string can hold up cute baby onesies for mom! This is a great way to add decoration above your table!
For a simple and cute shower invitation idea, here are the instructions for the one above.
Baby Shower Diaper Invitations
1. white paper cut in triangle using measurements: bottom: 12-inches, sides: 8 1/2-inches
2. plain or colored safety pins
3. envelopes – 6 1/2-inch size
4. color coordinated design paper for background with the invitation
5. print invitation on white paper and tape to design paper
Here is where everything was purchased or found!
Buckets & Ribbon: Michael’s Craft Stores
Mini Paper Buckets (holding cookies): Dollar Tree
Baby blue and white polka dotted cake stand: TJ Maxx
Teddy Bear & Wagon: These belonged to me and my brother when we were little!
Nutty Finger Cookies!
- Nutty Finger Cookie
- 1 cup butter - melted
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teasoon salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 cups pecans - chopped
- Cream the butter and 1/2 cup of powdered sugar until fluffy. Then add the flour,
- vanilla, salt, water and mix until well blended. Form the cookies into small 1-inch
- balls and bake at 350 for 20 to 22 minutes. Cool and roll in the remaining 1 cup of
- powdered sugar. Yields: 60
For more baby shower ideas…check out these below!