We have absolutely been LOVING all the children’s parties hitting our inbox lately and couldn’t help but share this Pink and Gold Princess Party too! We are head over heels for anything pink and gold, especially a children’s princess party! Designed for her daughter by Ashley of Paper Dime Designs, this sweet party is full of sparkly gold accents and princess details. Ashley shared, “This was definitely one of my favorite parties to work on! My daughter is obsessed with everything “princess” right now — Elsa, Ariel, Cinderella… She knows and loves them all. I didn’t want to plan around a specific princess, so we made her the princess of her own party. Her favorite color is pink and I’ve always wanted to do a party with sparkly gold accents, so those were the main colors. She definitely felt like a princess on her special day.”
Our Favorite Party Details
- Gorgeous Party Table Backdrop
- Gold Crown Birthday Cake
- Gold “3” Balloon
We’re thrilled to have Ashley here to share all the party details with us! If you’re planning a princess party with lots of pink and gold hues, then you will definitely find lots of party inspiration here! We just adore the sweet touches that made this 3rd birthday so special!
“The party theme revolved around her silhouette. I have a love and respect for children’s silhouettes so I thought it would be the perfect way to personalize the party to make her the princess. Her silhouette showed up in several little details around the party.
A few random bits behind the planning: First, I always like to have some sort of “backdrop” for my party tables. And usually, I focus mostly on one party table instead of trying to decorate my whole house or venue for a party. (It’s just cheaper and always easier cleanup for me.) My husband built a backdrop stand that worked perfectly. I made a fabric backdrop using rosey pink, light pink, peachy pink, and gold fabric — two yards of each color, cut into about 1.5″ strips and tied on.
My best friend, Emily, came down and helped me out with the party. She has an equal love for party planning so we had the most fun decorating and prepping. She is an AWESOME cake decorator and and owns a little self-run bakery in Columbus, MS. She was the artist behind LK’s gorgeous cake this year. She also has access to a laser cutter and surprised me with the sweetest gift — custom cake and cupcake toppers! I am obsessed with them and I love that I can use them for future parties.
I collaborated with PartyPail.com for most of the tableware. Their customer service is outstanding! The quality of the products are amazing and the prices are right on par with local party chain stores. Their gold party tableware ended up being the perfect color for our party!
GLITTERY WANDS & TABLE DETAILS
I made the “wands” with glitter card stock stars cut with my Silhouette and glued them to wooden sticks that I painted gold. I also added a few different ribbons between the sandwiched card sock. Lily Kate loved them, especially twirling the ribbon.
I made the glitter serving stands from glass plates and glass candlestick holders, both from Dollar Tree. I painted the candlesticks with Modge Podge and then covered them with gold glitter. After they dried, I glued the plate on top. Voilà! Too cute (and cheap) for words. Also from Dollar Tree, the cute little crowns made the perfect touch to pass out to the little princesses. They were originally rainbow-colored, but the problem was solved with a little gold spray paint. Lily Kate’s crown was from Love Crush Boutique. She loved it and I couldn’t be happier with the quality! They’re practically indestructible.
The invitations I designed were one of my favorite parts of the princess theme. When we decided on the theme for the party, I immediately envisioned some sort of storybook invitation. I wanted the look and feel of an old fairytale book. The thank you card was equally as cute — I loved being able to put a picture from her party on the back.” – Ashley of Paper Dime Design
- Invitations: Paper Dime Design
- Thank you cards: Paper Dime Design (not currently listed, but will soon!)
- Gold 10″ dinner plates: Party Pail
- Gold 7″ snack plates: Party Pail
- Gold napkins (guest towels): Party Pail
- Gold plastic bowls (for our soup): Party Pail
- Gold plastic spoons: Party Pail
- Gold plastic forks: Party Pail
- Pink hot/cold cups (for punch and coffee): Party Pail
- Gold coffee stirrers: Party Pail
- Framed princess party sign: Paper Dime Design
- Candy bar wrappers: Paper Dime Design
- Custom princess cake: Delish Bakery
- Custom cake and cupcake toppers: Gift (I’ve seen similar for sale on Etsy!)
- Glass plates (to make food stand): Dollar Tree
- Candle holder (to make food stand): Dollar Tree
- Gold Chargers and rectangular plate (holding napkins): Michael’s
- Gold “3” number pick: Hobby Lobby
- Lily Kate’s crown: Love Crush Bowtique
- Lily Kate’s dress: A Facebook BST group
- Gold “3” balloon + helium inflated balloons: Party City
- Fabric for backdrop: Hobby Lobby and Joann’s
- White fabric tablecloth: Amazon
- Gold/White lollipops: Party Pail
- Gold frame: Ikea
- Crowns (painted gold): Dollar Tree