As hostesses, my number one piece of advice is to have a good arsenal of go-to party recipes. Not only is this a must-have for planned parties but also for last-minute drop-in guests. Pick a few recipes, print them out or store them on your phone “notes” and keep the ingredients stocked so you’re just a few minutes away from a delicious appetizer or dessert. This party recipe is one of my go-to appetizers; bacon wrapped asparagus. I love the bold green color and the presentation, not to mention the flavor!
One of my keys to a dynamite party appetizer is that it’s easy to make. I like recipes that you can make without a lot of fuss. This one looks oh so “fancy schmancy” but it’s ready in minutes. Plus, you can customize it with lots of flavorful dipping sauces like ranch, blue cheese, or even a spicy aioli.
I make my bacon wrapped asparagus right on a sheet of parchment paper so I don’t even have to do dishes. Just toss the paper when you’re done baking and ta-da! Ease, people, it’s key! All you need is bacon, asparagus, sea salt, olive oil, and toothpicks. You likely have many of these in your kitchen now.
You can use any sort of container for serving your bacon wrapped asparagus. You can certainly serve them right from the parchment paper but I like to jazz things up a bit. So I used a variety of glass cups and vessels filled with spicy jalapeno ranch dip. This makes it easy for guests to grab while mixing and mingling.
- 1-2 bunches of asparagus stems
- 12 pieces of bacon
- olive oil
- sea salt
- dipping sauces (ranch, blue cheese, etc)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash and trim asparagus stems and group in bunches of 3.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper for easy clean-up.
- Tightly wrap one stripe of bacon around one bunch of 3 asparagus stems and secure with a toothpick. Lay flat on parchment paper.
- Finish each bunch and bake for 15-20 minutes or until bacon is fully cooked.
- Serve warm or room temperature in mini glasses filled with dipping sauce.
***You can use fully cooked bacon to avoid overcooking asparagus. Simpy wrap bacon and bake until crisp.