Seaside Southern Wine and Appetizer Party
This seaside southern wine and appetizer party post is brought to you by Sonoma-Cutrer Vineyards. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Pizzazzerie.
Remember my seaside southern wine party I was planning last month? It went off without a hitch this past weekend and everyone loved the mini shrimp and grits appetizer! The guests really enjoyed trying the different Sonoma-Cutrer wines with the various party bites (of course I did too). The favorite was definitely the Sauvignon Blanc. With a clean crisp finish, it paired well with all the appetizers. My favorite pairing was the prosciutto wrapped peaches with the wine. My guests loved the mini “BLTs” and my husband’s favorite were the shrimp and grits. I took lots of pictures to share so take a look…
The Wine and Appetizer Party Menu
- Sonoma-Cutrer Sauvignon Blanc + Sonoma-Cutrer Chardonnay
- Mini Shrimp & Grits
- BLT Cups
- Prosciutto Wrapped Peaches
- Watermelon Feta Bites
- Individual Mandarin Salads
If you’re inspired to host a wine and appetizer party, here are a few of my top tips!
- Be sure to include mini plates for guests to grab several appetizers at once. I found the perfect white starfish plates to match my southern seaside theme!
- Label your appetizers and mini party foods so guests know exactly what they’re enjoying! I used simple labels on skewers placed down in wine corks wrapped with jute string. This was an easy and quick DIY craft that I can reuse again for future parties.
- Always serve a variety of foods. Not only does a wide variety make it more fun for tasting with the different wines but you can be sure all the guests have something to enjoy. This doesn’t mean a large volume of food but rather just a variety of types of food from fruits and veggies to meats and cheese. Follow my menu (above) or create your own appetizer menu! Here is my “Appetizers + Mini Eats for Parties” Pinterest board for more food inspiration!
- Tell your guests details about the wines you’re serving! I’ve included more about Sonoma-Cutrer below!
- Have extra glasses on hand for guests that want to taste different wines.
- Keep it simple! You don’t have to serve a full meal at a party. The guests loved enjoying a variety of party appetizers and the wine. It was the perfect evening!
Lean more about Sonoma-Cutrer by following them around the web, and discover more about taking a Winery Tour too! I for one am putting that on my bucket list for a future vacation! @SonomaCutrer | Sonoma-Cutrer Facebook | Sonoma-Cutrer Instagram
SONOMA-CUTRER SAUVIGNON BLANC: This Sauvignon Blanc is classic Russian River Valley. It is crafted in a bright and vibrant style that showcases aromas of passion fruit, lychee, lime and white peach. The palate is sleek and crisp with tropical flavors of guava and passion fruit that mingle with citrus notes of grapefruit and lime! For a bright and clean, citrus laced finish!
A BIT ABOUT SONOMA-CUTRER: Sonoma-Cutrer has been producing the finest quality wines since it opened as a vineyard company in 1973. Its foundation is built in the hillsides and rocky foothills in the region recognized as the Sonoma Coast Appellation – this region experiences long, even growing seasons thanks to the cool, foggy coastal climate. In the 70’s, the company planted several different grape varieties and virtually overnight Sonoma-Cutrer’s Chardonnay grapes had gained a reputation for exceptional quality and were in high demand by many premium wineries.
Pizzazzerie is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Programs and other affiliate services. This means that pizzazzerie.com receives a small commission by linking to Amazon.com and other sites at no cost to the readers.
Courtney’s Latest book
Get Your Copy!
In The Southern Entertainer’s Cookbook, Courtney Whitmore shares her party go-tos, over 75 delicious crowd-pleasing recipes. Featured as a must-have cookbook in Southern Living Magazine.
I’d love a prosciutto wrapped peach and a glass of wine right now. Cheers to a beautiful party!
Thank you, Julie!