By now y’all know I like desserts, right? RIGHT! So I’m thrilled to share this dessert cookbook – Glorious Layered Desserts – by my friend Glory of Glorious Treats. Her site is ah-mazing and her sweet treats are truly works of art. I’ve loved getting to know her over the past few years and adore her talent for developing the sweetest recipes and making them look just darling! This is Glory’s first book, and it’s all about one of my favorite treats – layered desserts!
I’m super excited to share a sneak recipe with you (FRIED ICE CREAM CHEESECAKE – holy moly) from inside the pages of Glorious Layered Desserts! But trust me, you’ll want to have this gorgeous book on your coffee table or cookbook shelf, I’ve flipped through it three times just staring at the pictures!
Fried Ice Cream Cheesecake
- Creamy Whipped Cheesecake recipe below
- 2 cups Cinnamon Cereal such as Cinnamon Toast Crunch
- Whipped Cream use the recipe below, or use canned whipped cream
- 6 Maraschino Cherries
Creamy Whipped Cheesecake
- 1 block 8oz. cream cheese
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
Making Creamy Whipped Cheesecake
- Using an electric mixer beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add powdered sugar, cinnamon and the vanilla, and blend until fully incorporated and smooth. Add (cold) heavy cream, and whip until smooth, and increased in volume by almost double.
Making Whipped Cream
- Chill the bowl and beater (whisk attachment) of your electric mixer by placing them in the freezer about 5 minutes. This will help your cream whip up faster, and fuller.
- When the bowl has chilled, pour cream into bowl and begin whipping (on medium-high speed).
- When the cream is beginning to thicken, slowly add the powdered sugar, while continuing to beat.
- Then, add vanilla (while mixing).
- The whipped cream is done when it has more than doubled in volume, and when you stop the mixer, and lift up the whisk, the cream stays in place.
Assembly of Fried Ice Cream Cheesecakes
- Crush cinnamon cereal (in a large ziplock type bag), then place crushed cereal in a bowl. Melt 2 tablespoons butter, and pour over cereal. Stir well. Spread cereal onto a baking sheet and bake at 350°F for 6-8 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Prepare Creamy Whipped Cheesecake
- Assemble dessert by adding 1-2 tablespoons crushed cereal to the bottom of your dessert dishes. Add a layer of cheesecake (this will be easiest if you use a piping bag fitted with a large round tip, or add cheesecake to a large ziplock type bag and snip off one corner). Repeat with another layer of cereal, then cheesecake.
- Top with whipped cream and a cherry.
- Enjoy immediately, or keep in the refrigerator (up to 1 hour).
More drool-worthy pictures & details about the book:
“These desserts are not to be ‘trifled’ with! Dessert genius and popular blogger Glory Albin shows how to combine delicious essential recipes into layered masterpieces. You’ll love the Summer Berry Trifle, Pumpkin Mousse Parfait, Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake and each of the 60+ delicious recipes and ideas! In addition to her creative desserts, Glory also shares her unique tips and tricks, the best equipment and ingredients to use, and dozens of time-saving options. Whether you need a quick and easy recipe or an impressive dessert for a special occasion, Glorious Layered Desserts has the perfect treat for you!”
“Glorious Layered Desserts celebrates your favorite flavors lovingly layered in miniature form. From cakes and crumbles to fillings and sauces, Glory’s recipes are quick and customizable making it easy for you to create beautiful desserts.” –Angie Dudley, Bakerella, author of Cake Pops
To read more about the book and Glory’s fabulous site, click here!