Did you know that today is National Strawberry Shortcake Day?! High five to whoever placed that holiday on the map! They clearly had the right idea about life. Everyone needs a good strawberry shortcake in their life. More specifically, everyone needs a strawberry shortcake MILKSHAKE in their life. Oh yes, it’s delicious, refreshing, and tastes just like a frozen strawberry shortcake. Cheers to that! So now those hot summer days will have a little something sweet. Plus, you can toss a straw into it + take it on the go…! Nashville is already heating up so something to cool things down a bit is always welcome! You can keep these ingredients on hand (you probably already have several of them) and whip them up when the sweet tooth comes callin’!
First up is rimming the milkshake glasses in sweet, crushed graham crackers. It’s easy to do with a little honey to help it stick! Here’s a play-by-play…
- 1-1/2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled
- 1/2 cup pound cake pieces
- 1/4 cup crushed graham crackers
- 2 tablespoons honey
- whipped topping to garnish
- Rim glasses in honey followed by crushed graham crackers
- You can use your favorite pound cake recipe or a store-bought one. Simply combine the ice cream (I used a vanilla bean but any vanilla flavor is delicious) with strawberries and cake pieces. Blend until smooth.
- Fill glasses, top with whipped cream, enjoy!
Thanks to Driscoll’s for sending over a sweet package, I loved using Driscoll’s strawberries in this delicious recipe! Follow #tastesummer for more berry deliciousness!
If you’re looking for another milkshake recipe, check out this Brownie + PB one!WATCH MORE FROM PIZZAZZERIE