One of my favorite things about running a website devoted to parties & entertaining is when I have the opportunity to share a party recipe with you! Having an “arsenal” of appetizer and other party-ready recipes is definitely a great idea for any hostess. So when Kettle Chips asked me to come up with a recipe using one of their delicious flavored kettle chips, I was super excited to get in the kitchen. I decided to give an old favorite a new twist.
My Mom always served pimento cups at her parties when I was growing up. It’s still one of her favorite mini-eats to this day.
I chose jalapeno for a little “bite” but any of the flavors would be a delicious choice! The chips are crushed up and added to the pimento cups before baking. It gives them a big crunch and an extra boost of flavor. They’re easy to “pop in youth mouth” at parties! What I also love is that the ingredients are easy to “have on hand” for last minute guests.
Jalapeño Pimento Cups!
- 15 phyllo cups - frozen grocery aisle
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese - grated
- 4 ounces diced pimentos - (do not drain)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups Jalapeno Kettle Chips - crushed
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine sharp cheddar, pimentos, mayonnaise, salt, and hot pepper sauce. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Place phyllo cups onto baking sheet. Scoop small spoonfuls of pimento cheese into phyllo cups.
- Top each phyllo cup with crushed Jalapeno Kettle Chips.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until pimento cheese has melted and edges are golden brown.