Looking for the best strawberry poppyseed salad recipe? Look no further!
Strawberry Poppyseed Salad
After all the desserts and a holiday weekend of indulging, let’s get back on the boat with a delicious strawberry poppyseed salad recipe, shall we? Don’t worry, a killer dessert is coming your way this week. Meanwhile, what I love about this salad is how gosh darn PRETTY it is. Yes, a salad. Pretty! Which of course makes it perfect for entertaining. I used small glass dessert bowls for these mini strawberry poppyseed salads and served them up with mini forks.
- Hosting a backyard cookout or pool party? Avoid the glass by serving these up in clear plastic cups (yep, the cheapo kind). They make the perfect salad cups!
- Customize it! Add grilled chicken or shrimp for a full meal. Or swap in blueberries or raspberries for a twist.
- Prep in advance. Make the dressing for this strawberry poppyseed salad and keep stored in the refrigerator.
If you are serving a group, you can absolutely fill a large salad bowl with this tasty recipe! I just happen to think anything in individual servings is the cutest. But this strawberry poppyseed salad is delish no matter how you serve it.
I always like to provide a few ways to tailor a recipe to make it your own. I mentioned one above, but if you love blackberries or blueberries, try those instead of strawberries. Swap the mandarin oranges for grapefruit wedges for a bit more tart. I’m a big arugula fan so sometimes I make this recipe with arugula instead of spinach. The best part is just how easy this recipe is!
Strawberry Poppyseed Spinach Salad
- 1 bag of spinach leaves - 10-12 ounces
- 2 1/2 cups halved strawberries
- 1 cup sliced oranges - or mandarin oranges
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds - , toasted
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/3 cup orange juice concentrate - undiluted and thawed
- 1/3 cup raspberry vinaigrette salad dressing
- Combine spinach, strawberries, and oranges.
- Blend together the orange juice, raspberry salad dressing, and poppy seeds.
- Pour over salad and gently toss to combine.
- Sprinkle toasted almonds on top.
I know you will LOVE this strawberry poppyseed salad, so if you give it a try, be sure to tag me on social media: @pizzazzerie! Can’t wait to see your salads!