Strawberry Poppyseed Spinach Salad
Looking for the best strawberry poppyseed salad recipe? Look no further!
Strawberry Poppyseed Salad
After all the desserts and a holiday weekend of indulging, let’s get back on the boat with a delicious strawberry poppyseed salad recipe, shall we? Don’t worry, a killer dessert is coming your way this week. Meanwhile, what I love about this salad is how gosh darn PRETTY it is. Yes, a salad. Pretty! Which of course makes it perfect for entertaining. I used small glass dessert bowls for these mini strawberry poppyseed salads and served them up with mini forks.
- Hosting a backyard cookout or pool party? Avoid the glass by serving these up in clear plastic cups (yep, the cheapo kind). They make the perfect salad cups!
- Customize it! Add grilled chicken or shrimp for a full meal. Or swap in blueberries or raspberries for a twist.
- Prep in advance. Make the dressing for this strawberry poppyseed salad and keep stored in the refrigerator.
If you are serving a group, you can absolutely fill a large salad bowl with this tasty recipe! I just happen to think anything in individual servings is the cutest. But this strawberry poppyseed salad is delish no matter how you serve it.
I always like to provide a few ways to tailor a recipe to make it your own. I mentioned one above, but if you love blackberries or blueberries, try those instead of strawberries. Swap the mandarin oranges for grapefruit wedges for a bit more tart. I’m a big arugula fan so sometimes I make this recipe with arugula instead of spinach. The best part is just how easy this recipe is!
Strawberry Poppyseed Spinach Salad
- 1 bag of spinach leaves - 10-12 ounces
- 2 1/2 cups halved strawberries
- 1 cup sliced oranges - or mandarin oranges
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds - , toasted
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/3 cup orange juice concentrate - undiluted and thawed
- 1/3 cup raspberry vinaigrette salad dressing
- Combine spinach, strawberries, and oranges.
- Blend together the orange juice, raspberry salad dressing, and poppy seeds.
- Pour over salad and gently toss to combine.
- Sprinkle toasted almonds on top.
I know you will LOVE this strawberry poppyseed salad, so if you give it a try, be sure to tag me on social media: @pizzazzerie! Can’t wait to see your salads!
Pizzazzerie is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Programs and other affiliate services. This means that pizzazzerie.com receives a small commission by linking to Amazon.com and other sites at no cost to the readers.
Courtney’s Latest book
Get Your Copy!
In The Southern Entertainer’s Cookbook, Courtney Whitmore shares her party go-tos, over 75 delicious crowd-pleasing recipes. Featured as a must-have cookbook in Southern Living Magazine.
Love fruits in salad especially during the summer months. Poppyseed dressing is one of my favorite dressings!
Me too! Thanks for the comment, Susan!
These are beautiful! Plus, I’m currently obsessed with all things fruit. Especially if it’s slightly tart. Yum. These most definitely need a place on a summer party menu. :)
Thanks Dianna!! I’m with you on the fruit front :)
how many servings?
Hi! It makes 6 servings so if you’re doing ‘minis’ like I did – it might be a couple more depending on the size of the container used.
I made a salad like this for Easter and it was a hit. I added sugared walnuts to my salad and it tasted great! They are so easy to make too :)
Have a good day and thanks for the recipe!
This is a very good article. Thank you for a great information.
Looks really yummy.
I like to eat salad.
This really is one pretty salad :) I have come across some salads combining spinach and strawberries but here I like that you have added oranges as well. I will try it. Thanks for the recipe!
I’m always looking for new unique salads and this recipe did not disappoint! It was so refreshing and a huge hit with my family. The dressing is so good. Thanks for this, its a keeper!